Basically, one of the main protections to keep a computer to work optimally is always protect the computer from harmful viruses. There are so many of malicious virus variants that can disrupt the smooth performance of your computer. Among them, the most popular types of computer viruses are Worm virus, Trojan, Spyware, and so forth. They all can inhibit the smoothness of your computer performance in its operation. Surely, all types of computer viruses will slow down your work in any computer task. So, you need to protect your computer from a sudden virus attack.
Virus attack is one of computer maladies that work to destroy computer data. Computer viruses are able to multiply or reproduce on your computer system. Additionally, a computer virus is also able to copy, infect and even spread other disruptions to all sectors of the program whether in the hard disk, flash disk, and other storage media. The most annoying thing when a computer is being attacked by a virus is when the computer restarts itself. But not everyone knows when a computer virus infects your data. So, you should protect your data from computer virus attracts.
Protect Your Computer from Virus Attacks
- First thing first to protect your computer from virus attacks is by knowing the computer virus names, learn how they infect the computer’s system, and how to prevent them.
- Do not leave your computer runs without antivirus. Commonly, the computer antivirus is the most powerful security of your computer.
- So, install a reliability antivirus. Not all antivirus are paid, but there are also some free computer antiviruses are capable of eradicating every virus that comes to the computer. As a recommendation, you can use AVG antivirus or Avira antivirus.
- Make sure the antivirus database on your computer is always up to date, as there would be the emerge of new computer viruses on the network. Update an antivirus could be online or offline.
- Scan the entire data on your computer regularly. At least you scan the data on your computer using antivirus once a week. In case there’s a virus attack on your computer, immediately quarantine the virus using your antivirus.
- Each time you are surfing the internet, never to open attachment file or email attachment that includes a file with extensions .exe, .scr, .vbs, or double extension files like .txt. But if you think the file is important, should scan the file first using the antivirus.
- Be careful when opening email attachments or post attachments from instant messages sent from unknown people, as this may contain malicious files.
- Never open Spam / Trash email (product sale, free video offer, free image, and free song).
- Always scan your new data files with your antivirus before opening them. The new files could be downloaded from the internet or from an external storage media such as flash disk, hard drive, CD/DVD, etc.
- Never install pirated or nulled software. Any pirated or nulled software is not from a legitimate seller/ creator. Usually, pirated software is always infected with a malicious virus used to spy your computer data.
- Always read the Term of Services and agreement of any free software you are going to install. If you don’t read it, you may accidentally agree with installing a bundled spyware software program that is hard to uninstall.
Finally, by applying those tips above, your computer or laptop will always out of from a malicious virus infection.