I am a cookie fanatic, always yearning to learn new cookie recipes online which had helped me to improve over the time.
One of the most wanted cookie that I had wanted to try out is Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
As the name of the cookie says, it is totally EGGLESS, no eggs, is it possible to bake a chewy cookie without eggs?
Yes, Pumpkin cookies had became one of my latest addition and it fits perfectly well for this Christmas Day.
Do you know that cookies need not have to be served on festive seasons?
I mean, you can have cookies every other day or when you are in the mood of dunking cookies into hot cocoa.
Although Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are eggless, surprisingly, they are not hard as rocks at all.
Instead, these eggless cookies are chewy and the express pumpkin taste was aromatic, especially the spices added brought out a delightful tangy flavor.
How to prepare pumpkin puree
There are 2 ways to prepare this fibre packed puree;
– buy a pumpkin puree ready-made in a can
– homemade pumpkin puree
I would strongly recommend you to make a homemade pumpkin puree because it is easy to prepare and super tasty compare to store bought type.
Here are the steps which I had simplified:
- Cut off the hard pumpkin skin.
- Cut the the pumpkin flesh into large pieces
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- Toss in all the pumpkin pieces
- Boil until the pumpkin flesh turned soft.
- Use a fork to poke into the pumpkins. If they break easily, the pumpkins had been softened.
- Place the soft pumpkin flesh onto a flat plate.
- Use the back of a stainless steel fork to mash the pumpkins into puree.
- Alternatively, you can blend them in a food processor too.
- Do not add sugar into the pumpkin water because they are naturally sweet.
- You can also keep the naturally sweet pumpkin water for a drink later.
Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 110g butter
- 110 white fine sugar / icing sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree ( approximately 110g)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 220g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Method of baking cookies:
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy. You can use a stainless steel fork to beat the 2 ingredients without using a cake mixer.
- Add in pumpkin puree into the butter mixture. Stir a bit and pour in the vanilla essence. Mix well again.
- Ensure that the pumpkin puree in diluted into the butter mixture, no lumps.
- Sieve in the plain flour with baking powder and cinnamon powder into the cookie dough.
- Beat again.
- Fold in chocolate chips, stir again.
- The cookie dough should be sticky.
- Prepare a cookie tray with baking sheet, lightly greased with butter.
- Scoop up a teaspoonful of cookie dough onto the cookie tray.
- Allow some spacing in between each cookie. At least 1 finger space.
- Bake for 15-20min until the cookie turn brownish.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack to cool off before storing them into the cookie jar.
Yield: 60 pieces
Photo belongs to peachpurple
More cookie recipes :