My best friend told me that if there is one snack that could satisfy her 2 year old toddler, she would give me a kiss if I could share with her the recipe.
Well, I don’t want her kiss but I definitely wanted her 2 year old toddler to eat something different , rather than consuming baked macaroni with cheese, that would make her produce baby fats.
How about Chicken and Corn Fritters, I had suggested yesterday but she wasn’t sure that her toddler would put corn into her mouth.
I told her that Chicken and Corn Fritters are super easy to prepare and IF her toddler doesn’t like it, she and her hubby could finish them up because these fritters are super delicious snack that roadside stall doesn’t sell them at all.
She wasn’t convinced.
So, I had made some today and brought the first batch to her house for a “Test Trial”
It did freaked her out when her toddler kept eating one after another corn fritter non-stop because she knew that her baby dislikes anything with corn.
Now Chicken and Corn Fritters are made from left-over chicken which I had in the fridge. You could either steam fresh chicken fillets or keel, but make sure there isn’t any bones in the meat because you don’t want to choke your child, would you?
You may noticed that I had added in an extra ingredient; BANANA, which is helpful to make your child’s bowel movement to move the waste easily with the combination of banana and corn.
You could either use sweet corn kernels from the can or buy raw corn kernels in the frozen department of the supermarket.
Spring onion and coriander give the least taste of raw vegetables to children, so you don’t have to worry about the child picking out the bits of veggies from the fritters.
Chicken and Corn Fritters Recipe
- 1 Banana ( medium size)
- 1 egg -Grade A
- 85g cooked chicken or left over chicken
- 200g corn kernels from a can-drained
- 1 stalk spring onion- chopped
- 1 tsp fresh or dried coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 85g self raising flour or plain flour mix with 1 tsp of baking powder
- Peanut oil for deep frying
How to prepare :
- Peel the banana, mash it with the back of a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, transfer the mashed banana, egg, cooked chicken-shredded, chopped spring onion, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Add in the self raising flour, stir to form a soft batter, add a little water if too dry.
- Heat up a wok with sufficient peanut oil.
- Add in spoonful of Chicken and Corn batter into the wok, giving some space in between by using the spatula to break them apart.
- Cook for a few minutes, flip over to fry the uncooked side.
- When the fritters had turned golden brown and crispy, remove from the oil, transfer to a paper kitchen towel.
- Allow the towel to absorb excess oil from the fritters.
- Serve the Chicken and Corn fritters with chilli sauce, mayonnaise or mustard.
Makes a wonderful packed lunch for kids
Written by peachpurple
Photo taken by pixabay
Article checked by plagium
More snack related recipes here: