Author Posts

May 13, 2016 at 9:10 am

@morgoodie It’s okay. Take your time. I guess we are all busy with something else too. I just like how it looks like and we can also share the posts there easily, with just a link.

@ruby3881 That’s good. I was actually inspired by you to keep sharing our posts here. Social media sharing is interesting to learn and fun to do as well. Perhaps I will do that when I do not have much time to spend online later, at least I can still share some posts from others.

I agree with what you said about no limits. Though I might be able to earn better at some sites, when I have reached my daily limit, I usually just stop working there until the next day. It might be good to control my time spent on those sites, but it doesn’t seem to be good for the sites. As for mylot and LiteracyBase, there are no limits, so I will just keep spending time on these sites throughout the whole day whenever I have some time to sneak into the computer. I think this will bring more traffics to the sites, and generate more ad revenue too. Also, I think some people who just want to earn big money will not like to join these sites, and hence there might be fewer spammers, and it’s easier for the sites to manage too. This is just what I thought, as I have read from mylot, the team does not aim to get many members as other sites, but they would prefer to maintain the quality and sustainability of the site, which in return good for the members too.

May 13, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Oh no, my dear @swalia and @kaka135, I meant visitor referrals! To date I have only two signup referrals. These are much more difficult to come by, as everyone wants to share their link and have friends sign up under them. I have to work at finding a group of strangers to recruit for the site, I guess! LOL!

May 13, 2016 at 3:28 pm

@morgoodie I think the worst thing a site can do is to panic about the imbalance between revenues and user earnings that must be paid. Whenever a paid to site ends up in trouble, it’s because the owner has overestimated revenues and underestimated how much users will earn in points for writing, page views, tasks, etc. Inevitably, instead of restructuring the earnings program in order to increase productivity and ad revenue, penny sites will end up taking away or capping earnings for the most important activities (e.g. referring new users, posting quality content, etc.)

I really appreciate that LB has not only opted not to cap earnings, but has also designed an algorithm that rewards longer posts and comments. This encourages more thoughtful writing that will naturally contain more keywords, and will tend to rank better in search results because of it. The whole site benefits, and those of us who dislike reading the “nice post” comments and potato posts are happy too!

May 13, 2016 at 5:17 pm

@ruby3881 It’s good that you have two referral signups too! Hope you will get more referrals soon.

Yes, I agree with you. Moreover, when the owner realized the problem and tried to make a change, that might just disappoint some members and they would not like to return to the site, and might also make negative comments about the site.

I appreciate what LB does too. I prefer a site to be able to sustain for long term rather than pay high for awhile then disappear, so we can always be here to learn and share with each other. 🙂

May 13, 2016 at 8:36 pm

@ruby3881  Yes it is true that the rewards for making long and thoughtful comments will encourage more intelligent information from people. I think that people are thinking that they are going to be getting high earnings right from the start and that is not the case with this site. I was going to give up, but I am glad that I have not. I am seeing the potential of decent earnings and if we keep sharing our knowledge with each other the site will become better for people to earn from. Work has always been putting in what you want to get out of it so that attitude should be taken here as well. You have to work at something before you can reap the rewards.

I understand that people need to make money but sometimes it takes a little bit of time and effort before that happens. I know that I would love to make a lot of money but I am going to have to put in the time and effort in order to be able to do this. I hope more people will give this site the chance it needs to be able to earn from it.

May 14, 2016 at 3:47 am

Absolutely @morgoodie, it does take time to build up earnings. But people need to remember that even a fraction of a penny at a time is better than no earnings at all. So when other sites are not paying, isn’t it worth trying out a site like Literacy Base to see if it works for you?

May 14, 2016 at 8:50 pm

@ruby3881  I think it is worth while to check it out and see if it is something that is going to be a legit source of income. How else do new sites gain momentum if there are not people who test it out for themselves. I know a lot of people want to wait until others have been paid, but it takes users to use the site in order for those others to see the rewards from the site. I do not mind since I am learning a lot and I am practicing my writing. Each endeavor turns to experience and it is what we take from that experience that makes us grow as individuals.  I have other sites that I work on for a fraction of a penny and do just fine, so I am going to give this site a chance. Who knows, it might just work out in the end to be prosperous for us.

May 15, 2016 at 3:31 am

Exactly, @morgoodie! If we want to earn from writing online there is also a bit of risk involved. We expect the sites to take a chance on us, so with a new site we must enter into our relationship with an open mind and give the benefit of the doubt.

I do think it’s good to give feedback about site functionality and to make suggestions or requests for features that are missing. I also think it’s important to speak up if something seems amiss.

But unless and until there is a sign that a site is not trustworthy, I won’t assume otherwise. And I think it’s unhealthy for anyone who wants to earn money, to make any kind of public statements that disparage the site. That’s not being cautious; it’s biting the hand that feeds you.

I’ve been told I’m “defensive” of sites when I say things like this, but as I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I am known for taking sites to task as much as I am for reporting plagiarism and spam.

I believe in fair play. And I recognize that we have a symbiotic relationship with the sites we write for. If we want the site to flourish we need to find positive ways to deal with any questions or concerns, and so far I think the staff of LiteracyBase has shown they are willing to respond promptly when asked for information or help. To me, that’s a good sign!

May 15, 2016 at 4:52 am

@ruby3881  I am glad that I am not the only one that feels this way. I am relatively new to online work and it is hard to know which sites are trustworthy or not. Unless for I know for a fact or from experience, that a site is not trustworthy then I will not say anything against the site. I was a little discouraged at the beginning, but that is because I was not seeing the potential and now I have a different view. It is also nice to know that there is someone of like mind who has so much experience. It is encouraging and I hope other people will begin to see the potential here so that it can sustain the site for a long time.