Copyright allrights reserved by peachpurple
Teens and working adults are getting obese as they grow older.
The unhealthy food that we consume daily in increasing our weight as we lead sedentary lifestyle.
Compare to our grandma days, there are too much pre-packed food, ready to eat sold in the market.
Lack of nutrition and too much sodium plus sugar.
Now, you don’t have to ditch your favorite food, no diets required and you could maintain a perfect weight with a healthy lifestyle.
Food swap is the answer.
All you have to do is upgrade your diet intake to a healthier version.
That is what I do now.
Replace fatty food to non-fats, low cholesterol food and low calories ingredients.
You can choose healthy food when you dine out or prepare your own home cooked meals.
Here are 8 Healthy Food Swaps that you might be interested to try out today.
- Don’t buy expensive energy bars at the supermarket. Expensive does not equals to healthy food.
- Instead, make your own DIY energy bar at home.
- Homemade mix are easy to prepare and you could make in large batches. Freeze them up for future use.
- Firstly, mix healthy ingredients such as apple crisps, dried mango, assorted nuts and toasted seeds.
- Use maple syrup or honey instead of coarse sugar.
- Store bought juice sold in bottles or convenient packs are NOT 100% pure juice.
- Although it is stated NON SUGAR, do not trust those labels.
- Sweeteners , artificial coloring and sugar are added to produce these assorted juice.
- hence you should try purchasing a whole fruit in the market, such as pineapple, watermelon, apples, or oranges.
- Peel off the skin, remove the core or seeds, cut them into smaller pieces or cubes and blend them in a Fruit Blender.
- Do not add in any sugar into the juice because fresh fruits do contain natural sweeteners.
- You could add in a spoonful of condense milk ( not sweetened creamers ) if the fruit juice tasted a little bland.
- Vegetable juice is getting popular in the market compare to fruit juice.
- Blend a mixture of tomato, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Otherwise , try this recipe: Turnip, carrots and apple.
- Cut fruits are popular among the kids who fancy upon assorted shapes and size of colorful fruits.
- Use different cookie cutters, stamp out watermelon, honey dew, apples and pears.
- Remember to remove the seeds because kids are not cautious with handling ( removing) fruit seeds.
- Replace rice snack tidbits with corn crackers, sushi, vegetable crisps or sweet potato chips that are easy to prepare.
- Peel off the skin of a sweet potato, briefly wash it, pat dry.
- Slice as thinly as possible and drp fry in a wok of sufficient oil or deep fryer.
- Do not add in salt or MSG.
- Natural sweet potato crisps are tasty and crunchy even without any seasoning.
Soft drinks and carbonated beverages
- These beverages are highly consist of artificial sweeteners, sugar which could induce tooth decay and cavities.
- In addition to it, carbonated beverages are not advisable to be taken often.
- There researches that had confirm carbonated drinks lead aggressive mood, uncontrollable emotional control and addiction.
- It is wise to switch to plain water, distilled water , fruit juice, comfort soup or cultured drinks.
Store bought tidbits
Replace tidbits with nut mix such as sunflower seeds with toasted cashew nuts, ground nuts, corn flakes, flaxseeds and bran.
Reduce intake of fast food such as burgers, pizzas and hotdogs with sandwiches and pittas or tacos.
Photos by peachpurple