Author Posts

October 16, 2016 at 8:32 pm

https://youtu.be/XHSZtQN6CXo

Yesterday (October 15) I took my 13-year-old son to the mall to watch a movie called Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life. Since my son is in his last year of Middle school I thought it would be appropriate for him to watch. (I’m a cool mom, what can I say).

So we got to the mall 30 minutes early. He ate some chicken fingers from Raising Cane’s Chicken fingers before we crossed the food court to the movie theater. I let him pick where he wanted to sit, which was in the very back of the theater.

The movie was about a boy named Rafe who was beginning a new school. He seemed to be having issues with his emotions (anger and a few others) so he has been kicked out of a few schools. He is then sent to a new school where he is met by a new principal that hands him a huge book of rules. Everyone that has kids knows that some kids have issues with following rules.

It seems this principal isn’t liked very much by any of the kids at the school. But no one dares to question his authority. That is until Rafe starts his own pranks against the principal and the school. Rafe has an accomplice but if you watch the movie you will find a tear jerker towards the end of the movie of why Rafe acts the way he does.

Rafe has a wild imagination and his drawings are amazing. He makes this known when he is asked to do a drawing for his class on the chalkboard. His teacher was impressed.

I don’t want to give too much away since this just came out. I will say this, As a grown woman, I really did enjoy this movie and I’m glad my son enjoyed it as well. It is always great when spending time with those you love.