Author Posts

May 14, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Introduce yourself here!

May 14, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I’m Lola and I created this forum for us to  get together and talk all thing mental health.  I’ve been dealing with bipolar disorder, severe anxiety, and borderline personality disorder since I was 26 but was first diagnosed with depression at age 13.  I actually was just discharged from the hospital yesterday after a short stay to get my anxiety under control.

Right now I’m not able to hold down a job due to how severe my issues are, but I do volunteer at a mental health consumer group.  We do a lot to help other consumers and fight mental illness stigma.  I’m just like any other person, I just have a few special needs that you don’t even realize unless you know me quite well.

May 14, 2016 at 5:38 pm

I don’t have any mental issues but my bro had.

He had OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Order.

He had it more than 2 years, still under medication and doctor consultation.

I don’t really understand how he got it because my family are clean from this disease.

However, he had mentioned that he got this problem after he lost his job, a 10 years job.

Maybe he can’t accept of his failure and setbacks.

He took it too hard, became compulsive , irritating behavior, aggressive and abnormal.

It was fortunate that he was willing to treat his OCD.

He went to the government hospital, met the doctor, given strong medication to keep his emotion under control, migraine, etc.

He still has the aggressive behavior and repeated behavior.

I pray so that he may recover soon

May 14, 2016 at 5:38 pm

@Lola great meeting you and you have done a great job by creating this post. I am suny and I am honored to be at your friends’ list 🙂

May 14, 2016 at 7:18 pm

I’m glad your brother got some help.  It usually doesn’t matter if there is a history of mental illness in the family, someone can still develop one.  It sounds like an environmental factor triggered his.

May 14, 2016 at 7:24 pm

@Lola  Great meeting you here!

I am Shaloo from India. I don’t have any mental issues nor anyone in my immediate family or relatives have. I work with an NGO which works towards a stress free society and during my volunteer work there, I have come across many people who are suffering from depression. It was sad to see even youngsters in the grip of depression due to pressure of studies, uncertainities about future and family issues etc.

May 14, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Hello, Lola.

My Gravatar profile says all about me. I am a turmoil in a human form and I am strongly opinionated person.

I never suffer of any difficulties no matter of my dysfunctional upbringing and family, it actually made me much stronger than an average person.

On of my pals I knew was bipolar and I mistaken it for the hyperactivity, because I am hyper so I though he is as well.

The problem was in the fact that I only saw him during his manic phases, the rest he kindly overslept an each time.

It came out but I was quite disappointed when I found out that my pal doesn’t need activity, but therapy.

Unfortunately our friendship ended in a very uncomfortable way. He was not taking his therapy because he was ‘ashamed’.

During one of his mood swings he freaked a life out of me completely and  lifted a girl who was a bit too mouthy and I swept him with a chair.

I was excused from that place till the end of days and he never spoke to me again. Girl did.