Author Posts

May 26, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Now @support is talking. Let’s listen and do something if we could follow what he has telling us ALL about the reward system revision of this site. According to him, the post that we are going to submit is SEO oriented. And what is SEO? In my experience of blogging for several years, I have never ever employed the service of SEO expert for I know I could make my blog site be exposed to the web. I just write what I believe is a post that has a substance, has the idea, has observed the mechanics of a good grammar, has the enhancement of a quality picture, among others.

If we do what SEO wants, we need to focus on the keywords and it would take you time to search for the trending keywords for marketing. What actually SEO wants to drive at is the traffic, is the readers, is the organic visitors or readers of your article posted, among others.

May 26, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Keywords are not as important as they used to be, especially in titles. Now the trend is towards “long-tail” keywords, or keyword phrases that someone might search for. So returning to our example of writing about dogs, I would no longer simply use single keywords like “dog,” “dogs,” “puppies,” or even short phrases like, “German Shepherd.”

The long-tail keyword would be something more like, “potty training Lhasa Apso puppies.” It’s much more specific, but that’s the way people search the internet today. Just think of how you would search for a topic you want to write about. Then include some of the search strings in your text, in a natural way that flows.

Basic SEO is not brain surgery. The experts need to know much more, but for a web writer it’s enough to understand how people search, and to focus on the things Google likes: longer posts written in grammatically correct English and aimed at English-speaking audiences.

If you are looking for trends, you can check out any number of places where trending topics are listed: Twitter is a good example of a site that mentions current trends. Also just read the news on the internet. And there are specialized sites that list trends too, like Google Trends.

May 26, 2016 at 2:54 pm

@ruby3881 Agree.  Trending topics are always  the hot and current topics.

If you are the first to spot a breaking news or to write about breaking news, you can get a lot of views.

However, LB is not a site for breaking news, because by the time your post is approved, a few hours have lapsed.

Hubpages or your personal blog will be a good place for it.  You can keep on editing to keep up with the latest news, and you have the advantage of publishing instantly.

May 26, 2016 at 5:37 pm

One tiny questions, the basic post  seo includes one thing – the post description.

How can I make one if I don’t have an option for that?

Can you please push out the required field in our Post Now page so we can do that?

I also don’t have an alt field for a picture, I have title, description and caption, but that’s it. Can you also push that one out?

SEO also include a lots of things, it is not only a 2% keyword density, shooting down redundant repetitive words that you don’t need, placing long-tail or short keywords on the start, in the subtitles or at the end of the texts… it is also a competition.

You can have all good on-page, but if you start with the things where you can’t rank not in the dream, how that makes seo of any use?

Try to  narrow down the topics that earn more on a few categories. Then add up the middle grounds and then the hobby posts. And then let’s see what will happen.

May 26, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I will not go into a discussion on this one but give something different for a change and see if the pay rate improves. You know guys, when I was in regular job as marketing head of my company I always tried to convince my directors to pay marketing executives a little more than going market rate and see the result. The executives increased their efforts to almost double to retain their jobs. I am proud to say my strategy worked and brought wonderful results for the company. I am sure you are getting my point @support

May 27, 2016 at 5:54 am

I am a newbie and therefore can not edit my article. I forgot to upload an image to my latest article and also I did not remember to copy the article in my word processor so I will wait for an e-mail about this and try to get an image put there unless the site manager has the chance to add an image to it. The category of the article was Health and my article was about the latest superbug that has mutated and can not be killed by certain antibiotics and poses a threat

May 27, 2016 at 7:20 am

@lookat/

as long as you had already posted your message to admin through “Contact” rest assured that he will amend your post and let you save a copy.

Maybe you should wait until the post is published, you still can save a copy.

As for your image, upload in Pinterest, send the link to admin, he will do the job.

May 27, 2016 at 8:15 am

-If rating is far below expectation it would be useful if a message is received as to why a post did not meet with the requirements of LB

-I would also like to see which post is rated in our history.

Hope @support will look into this.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by  bestwriter.

May 29, 2016 at 7:16 pm

I am not aware of this one and I believe I had posted a topic, not a seo type but still my blog post get in. I will remember this one and I will try my best to produce a topic that will able to meet the standard. I am not okay with the standard putting on my writing because it makes me uncomfortable. I am not okay with writing SEO when I know little about it. However, it is not bad trying but it is not happening as of the moment. I will try to learn. Thanks for still approving my blog posts.