Do your prefer eating out or eating at home?
Why are there more people eating out than having home cooked food?
Why is eating out expensive these days?
“To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day.”
― W. Somerset Maugham
From the day I was born, eating out was considered a luxury treat that my dad used to offer when he was in good mood.
Hence, I always looked forward to dad’s good mood in order to choose my favorite restaurant to eat out since I am sick and tired of mom’s repeated recipes.
It was a luxury meal to dine out, being serve by waiters, order favorite food, awaiting for the awesome delicious meal to place infront of me, I was treated like a “princess”.
Reasons people prefer eating out
A single meal at fastfood restaurant with the combination of burger, fries and carbonated drink could cost you $10 excluding tax and service.
If you dine at local Chinese restaurant, a plate of fried rice would cost $6 excluding drinks.
- Nowadays, more single and married people are staying away from home after work because they cannot afford to have ample time to prepare home cooked food at home.
- Eating out has become a necessity solution for kids who are being taken care by nanny ,childcare center or with grandparents. Parents had to order take-away or bring the kids out for lunch/dinner due to tight schedules.
- Eating out is expensive but everyone could still afford to eat 3x a day with his salary. A person could eat $600 per month which is almost 35% of his salary. Luxury meals would cost more.
- There are wide variety of food available in every corner of the streets. The number of eateries are mushrooming all over the world in a huge amount, especially Foreign food restaurants.
- You can choose your favorite cuisine ( Chinese, Indian, Muslim, Western, Korean, Japanese, Mexican, Portugese, Italian, etc)
- A wide choice of eatery outlets and shops in shopping mall that offer discounts, combo meals, membership discounts for dine in only.
- Cater different food to meet individual customer’s tastebud under one restaurant.
- More people prefer to eat out at hawker stalls and food courts for cheaper meals.
- People do not bother with the level of cleanliness of the eating premises as long as the food served is delicious, tasty and cheap.
- Many Western restaurants offer “Free Kids meal” under age 5. If you have 2 toddlers , you will benefit in saving money.
- Now, you can buy food coupons online that valid 30 days from the date of purchase. You can save up to 70% discounts off your total bill. Most restaurants had included the tax and service fees into the offered meal packages.
- A new adventure. People who are stressed at work would love to try different types of food instead of the regulars. Tasting different food that one had never tried before, wouldn’t mind to pay expensive exotic meal for a change.
- Many restaurants offer FREE drinks or soup of the day for dine in customers. Hence, saving money too.
- You can sit and relax, watch TV, use FREE WIFI of the eating premises without the waiters chasing you out.
- Lazy to cook after work.
- Tired after grocery shopping for several hours.
- Lack of time because another schedule has to be accomplished after a quick meal.
- Lazy to wash the dirty dishes and cleaning up the messy kitchen.
Although I don’t often eat out on weekdays, I do eat out with my family on weekends in order to take a “day off“.
I prefer to home cooked food, where I could take control over the flavor enhancers and sodium intake on the food I serve for my family.
Copyright allrights reserved by peachpurple
Photo belonged to peachpurple
Read more articles written by peachpurple HERE
Join LiteracyBase NOW and start sharing your
experience with us while earning money