Author Posts

July 21, 2016 at 11:50 am

At times, we get story ideas for a long, novel like story, or a story series of 4/5 chapters.
At other times, it can be a short story, like the one I wrote recently.
What do you prefer?
A quick short story?
Or a long story with twists and turns?

July 21, 2016 at 11:58 am

@PEEUSH TRIKHA  I have written just one story in my life (when I was 8) and that was published in a children’s magazine “Parag”. I have mostly written articles having world count from 60 to 8000. I was paid accordingly for my posts but some of my 100+ words post brought $5 or more in Bubblews which helped me redeem $4400+ from that site although I lost some money in the end there. On few other sites I am still the highest earner and sitting pretty on leader boards of those site as #1. 

July 21, 2016 at 1:08 pm

@ PEEUSH TRIKHA Though I write poetry but I have yet to try story writing yet. I am mostly writing articles on my blogs & various writing sites or poems. Most of my poems are on my hubpages account.

@suny I have never written a story yet. And I am really amazed at your efficiency and prolific work as a writer.

July 21, 2016 at 1:26 pm

$4400+ from Bubblews- Oh my God that is great- are you suni51 on some sites?

July 21, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Great a good poet has a very lyrical mind and thoughts, and I would like to see some of those poems.

September 3, 2016 at 1:44 am

With me, I prefer long stories that are about 50,000 words or so. I like to delve into the characters and the plot to get the readers hooked on the story, leaving them wanting more.

September 3, 2016 at 6:14 am

I already had written 10 short stories and 700 poems all published in our regional magazine and the books sold in our schools. There will be happy feeling and lots of fun having much money profit from books. I am a member of NBDP in Philippines. I will be receiving royalty fee soon from the books on Police Reports Writing , Rizal Most Remembered Hero on Philippine History and Antique that tells about rebels retreat.How nice to write if conditioned and inspired.I wish you all here luck and fortune.

September 3, 2016 at 10:27 am

So Carol you are into full time writing. Perhaps you can write some good story series here too.

September 3, 2016 at 10:30 am

Cely you are surely doing a great work and  are a great inspiration to us.

September 3, 2016 at 10:49 am

@ PEEUSH TRIKHA I have posted my poems on the following links

http://spiritualboosters.in/

http://hubpages.com/@swalia

Most of my poems are on hubpages but since hubpages hasn’t worked too well for me, I am considering removing them from there and posting them on my own site instead.

September 3, 2016 at 12:22 pm

i prefer to read short stories compare to long stories.

I get a bad headache reading long stories.

Short stories help to take brief break, continue to read again, eager to know the next chapter

I had never wrote short stories since I am not a creative person.

September 3, 2016 at 2:35 pm

I have posted here short stories, I think 2 posts. I submitted 4 only 2 were approved.I really love to write short stories. When I was writing at wikinut, all my short stories were approved, but sad it shut down.Well anyway, I am glad it shut down for that is a very poor site. It seems all writers there did not last for months.The only reason is pay very, very small.Until this time, there are still writers that cotinue writing there despite no payment. They are what we call insane people.

September 3, 2016 at 11:49 pm

@peachpurple I feel its upto everyone what their choice is. Even when I have less time to spare, I prefer shorter stories and sometimes articles as compared to stories.

September 3, 2016 at 11:58 pm

@lovern after WIkinut went non-paying, even I wrote 2 or 3 articles but those were just to continue my viewership there, and I also used to share those on Tsu.
Now I use my Wikinut articles, and I have refurbished and Re-written some of those here on LiteracyBase.
Some people are still there since they really loved the site and have spare times and are not too much money deficient.

September 4, 2016 at 4:36 am

We have no choice because we need to write long because its a 300 hundred words. I write it but with good mood and environment. Of course you cannot just sit and let the fingers do the writing. You need to have a good topic so that you can make that long story.