Author Posts

May 16, 2016 at 10:50 pm

I recently read a folk-tale and wanted to share it with you because I think it teaches two very important lessons.

Once upon a time, a desert nomad filled an earthen pot with clean water from an oasis and traveled across the vast desert to present the water as a gift to the king.

When he reached the city, he found a river flowing beside the king’s palace. He felt very sad and emptied his water into the river.

The king saw the whole thing and inquired from the nomad why he had done so. The nomad told the king that he had no need for his humble gift in presence of a flowing river.

But the king told his courtiers to fill the earthen pot with gold coins and gave a warm farewell to the nomad.

When the courtiers tried to make fun of the gift, the wise king told them that for a desert dweller nothing is as precious as a cup of drinking water so his gift was worth its weight in gold.

From this story we get two lessons

1)A gift should be valued for the sincerity of intention and not its price

2)Clean drinking water is an extremely precious resource so we should use it carefully and do everything in our power to stop its wastage.

I hope you enjoyed the folk-tale and the lessons it ensued!

May 16, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Thank you for sharing.

What i really like about folk story is there’s always something that we could learn.

For me , it can be a reminder for us about good value and attitude that will bring better to us the the others 🙂

May 17, 2016 at 1:10 am

This is a good folk tale and there is truth in what it says. Gifts should be considered worthy as long as they are given in good faith and love. Whether it is something that you need or not is not the question, but whether the gift is given in friendship.

June 19, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Folk tales are really worth to read. It gives moral lesssons that commonly forgotten by people. Most young generations would not paid time to read this kind of writings.

July 20, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Great tale and yes a gift ought to be counted not in its value but in its significance and the occasion and person’s intent.