Author Posts

December 2, 2016 at 5:56 pm

And when you forget….

It is not that you are absent-minded, but you trust yourself a lot, that before you leave home or a place, nothing is left or forgotten. Sometimes if you are in haste, what comes to your mind is to accomplish all that requires to be done.

What if an important thing is forgotten to bring with you like receipt of your medicine, it will be a dismay of feeling especially if you are a commuter. There is no choice, but to go back home. There are drugstores that do not sell medicine without a doctor’s prescription.

What if you forget your wallet placed in your other bag for you changed your bag the night before. You may sigh, worry and afraid what to give for a fare. It should be better to do list and check things before leaving home or a place.

December 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Many people think that the human mind is too complex to explain, and memory is no exception. Even though vast amounts of research have been carried out into how we remember (and forget!) things, nobody knows for sure the model on which human memory is based.

It’s though that how we forget differs depending on whether a memory is stored in our long term or short term memory. 

1. Decay
    This occurs when you do not ‘rehearse’ information, ie you don’t contemplate it. The physical trace of such memory is thought to fade over time.

2. Displacement
    Displacement is quite literally a form of forgetting when new memories replace old ones. Everyone knows the potentially vast capacity of memory, particularly long-term memory, but research by Norman has shown that numbers can replace old ones being memorised (using the serial probe technique).

3. Interference
    It’s sometimes difficult to remember information if you’ve been trying to memorise stuff that’s similar, eg words which sound similar (in 1966, psychologist Baddeley found that participants of his study found it easier to remember words which were more distinguished). Interference can either be proactive (this is when old memories interfere with new ones) or retroactive, when new information distorts old memories.

Although we evidently can ‘forget’ information, it’s unknown whether information does actually disappear from memory. In hypnosis, memories which we never knew still existed can be recalled from early childhood using regression, calling into question – can we really forget?

December 3, 2016 at 4:05 am

Yes, there have been times that I have forgotten something. It wasn’t done on purpose. I once forgot to pay my water bill. I was under the impression that I had already done it but in actuality I forgot to push the submit button. There have been times I have forgotten doctors appointments. That is why I like for my doctor’s office to call me the day before to remind me. If they don’t then I really forget. There have been times I have forgotten where I put things. Am I going crazy? I don’t think so. Our minds move at a rapid pace and we can’t always remember everything even if we tried.

December 3, 2016 at 6:07 pm

@jhsayyar , I think if base on a normal person that tends to forget something, it does not mean there is decay of her brain, it is not like tooth decay hahahaha.

The most closer answer is interference,yes,m if you are bothered, that bothersome mood may interfere your actual mood causing you to forget the pre planned activities.Like my case, if there is something that bothers me, I concentrate more on that thing and there, forgetting something cannot be avoided.

Sometimes, lack of focus is another actor of forgetting something. If working, the tendency to have our of control focus especially if you are not paid on time hehehe.

December 3, 2016 at 6:18 pm

@evilelf, Hi friend, me too, always forget many things even in my teen years,I cannot avoid forgetting something yes, you are right, our brain waves can cause humans to forget. That is why it is advisable for us to do list so that there is nothing to miss during shopping. I never had done before to do list. The time I always forget things, I do list all stuffs that I would do everyday.

Sad this time, I no longer do the listing of stuffs to buy.Whatever and whichever seen in a display area, I buy hehehehe.This time, to be sure, I do list the day before so I will not regret forgetting something very important to buy.

One time I forgot my wallet at home. I only had few cents in my coin purse.That was a very horrible experience I can never forget.But out of that experience, I also can never forget the happiest blessing from God for I prayed while commuting to find money for my fare in going back home

When I alighted from the vehicle, I glanced at the road where I stood up before crossing the opposite road., there I saw money well folded hehehe.God is truly awesome, friendly, loving and nice and caring Father in heaven. To God be the glory.