Author Posts

July 10, 2016 at 10:52 pm

I think that for a day or two we should just shut it all down.  The television, the computers, the radio, if it has a signal, shut er down.  Take it all away so that human beings can depend on one another for help. We can take that time to review how much of it had been in our lives, and how very little we know about one another and the neighborhoods and cities around us. Take away the opinions we read, and the propaganda.  Take away that which is taking away – people being with people. As technology skyrockets people are crashing.  So how about a movement that leaves people no other choice but communicating with one another.  How about a few days where we don’t have to listen to anyone’s opinions or thoughts….except the person that we’re talking to.  When a child is bad, you discipline with a time out or a consequence.  What do you do when technology starts taking over, and people are out of control?   Take it all away.

July 11, 2016 at 7:29 am

As for me, I cannot afford to shutdown myself in using modern gadgets. I guess I need to embrace the fact since this where I earn a living. In time, I would have the chance to switch off in days if I planned to have a getaway travel. At this point of time, it is not possible.

July 11, 2016 at 5:32 pm

My intention isn’t to do harm, more of a wake up call.  Yes it would be extremely inconvenient to those who have a job that requires the computer and the internet. Imagine if we didn’t have any of it, that’s what I was looking for. Being a nurse, I’m still going to know how to do my job as I can put pen to paper to track a patient, that being said I would imagine LOTS of patients with extreme anxiety should that ever happen!  I posted this to make the point that most people truly would be lost for a time as its become such a staple in day to day life. I do hope however that you completely enjoy your travels when you take them. Be careful!

September 15, 2016 at 7:39 pm

I do an entire day of technology shut down on Saturdays. I dedicate those days of Rest with my children, for myself and most times, reading.  At mealtimes, I tell my family t shut off everything that intrude into our conversations — face-to-face.

At bedtime, when my husband takes his mobile phone next to him in bed, I tell him off and we put away our phones.  And because of the nature of our homeshcooling, Internet is off the hook while we converse, recite, learn and read together as Mother and precious children “at her knee”(idiom) or a picnic outside when the sun is up. But, i do bring my phone outside to take photos. Apart form that, I shut it off and enjoy the day.

September 15, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I thought there is save the light day, right?

that is the day when I don’t on my gadgets, laptop, cellphone, tv, etc.

I just read books, play boardgames, walk around.

Trying to save a little but not everyone is into this gig yet

Maybe, it should be a compulsory holiday then, everyone will follow the steps