Author Posts

June 10, 2016 at 9:26 pm

This is about Brock Turner, the college student that was a swimmer.  He was accused and convicted of rape.  Apparently, since he’s such a good swimmer and has never really been in trouble, he only got 6 months in jail and a year probation.  His father doesn’t even regret what his son has done!!

It seemed as if this kid just got a slap on the hand, until the USA Swimming has banned him from swimming!!  To see what I’m referring to go here http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2016/06/10/3786911/stanford-rapist-banned-usa-swimming/

Do you think he finally got justice or should have he gotten more, after all he was convicted of rape?

June 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I think it is a shame that he only got 6 mos. I mean what kind of punishment is that. The poor girl has to spend a lifetime getting through what he has done to her. No one asks to be raped and yet these women are subjected to being the ones on trial instead of getting justice. How is it right that just because he was going to get on the Olympic swim team mean that he should not be punished. The judge needs to be punished now too. It is a shame that our judicial system is so screwed up.

June 10, 2016 at 10:01 pm

That is too much for raping an unconscious woman who is unable to defend herself or to evade such sexual assault. Because of the defenseless situation of the victim, he succeeded penetrating her. That is too bad though he has no derogatory record yet so far. Nevertheless, he deserves to be punished to the highest degree of life imprisonment or a death penalty. But he had meted only an imprisonment of 6 months and has been granted for a probation. If he lives in our country, he would be probably on the death row for a rape in any form as long as the victim is sexually penetrated, before it is only for life.

June 11, 2016 at 3:57 am

Banning him from the swimming team, is just good, but spending 6 months must be a rule in your country but if he is on my country, he will be in line with the some of the guilty of rape in jail. Much more if the presidential management of President Elect Rody Duterte started, he will be killed by hanging his body. I might be harsh but it is true. Everything is unfair with the victim and always been.

June 11, 2016 at 4:49 am

The prosecution asked for 6 years, and I believe the maximum sentence was 20 years. The judge apparently followed a recommendation from the probation report. It should also be noted the judge is a Stanford alumnus, who apparently got appointed to the bench by a fellow Stanford graduate. And he was a student athlete too.

There’s a whole lotta hinky going on here!

The latest news is that potential jurors are now asking to be excused from Judge Persky’s courtroom. Twenty of them gave cited hardship because they are so upset over the light sentence this rapist was given. Hopefully, the judge will be removed and the sentence appealed.

June 11, 2016 at 5:24 am

A rapist is a rapist no matter who it is or how important he is. This punishment is not enough. The one who was raped must take it up if such a thing exists.

June 11, 2016 at 5:52 am

@bestwriter, Six months is not enough to pay the crime he committed.What about the victim of rape? Can she able to bring back her dignity in six months? It will be better for the parents of the rape victim to appeal to the court with their lawyer to review the case. This rapist may do the same offense when he gets freedom.What a shame to their judges, so unfair.Better the civilians know the right verdict to that rapist. He must serve the jail for 30 years.

June 11, 2016 at 5:56 am

@ruby3881, I am happy to know from you that the unfair judge was removed and that a possible review of the case and verdict of the criminal. 20 years might somewhat be justifiable than 6 months. What kind of judge is he? Hello judge? Is your brain okay?

June 11, 2016 at 8:31 am

@bestwriter I agree 100% with you, Grace. A rapist is a rapist, regardless of his background or his connections. This young man would have served more time had he been convicted of marijuana possession or a breaking & entering charge.

The bias is very plain to see. It feels like somebody (Daddy, the swim coach maybe) bought off the probation officer and the judge. This is corruption, and it’s an outrage.

@lovern I’m sorry to say the judge has not yet been removed, though I hope it will happen soon. At the moment there are people refusing to serve as jury members in his courtroom.

June 11, 2016 at 8:46 am

It is definitely a case that went horribly wrong and to think that the poor young women will have to serve a life sentence with what he did to her. I cannot imagine not being able to feel safe with people and her poor sister who feels guilty for leaving her that night and not trying to find her. Both will have emotional problems to deal with and I am sure they will not go away in 6 months. I am glad he was kicked off the swim team. The judge should have excused himself from the case since he is an alumnus so he his prejudiced towards the case. I hope he gets his butt kicked in jail for what he did. Typically rapists and child molesters are treated badly in prison by the other convicts.

June 11, 2016 at 8:52 am

@Cely  I have said that in my comment. Have I not?

June 11, 2016 at 8:54 am

@ruby3881  This sort of a thing is a regular feature in our country whatever the offence.

June 11, 2016 at 8:23 pm

@ruby3881 and @lovern I noticed no one wants to be in the jury because they even can’t believe the judge’s ruling!!

June 21, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I think 6 months are not enough for this guy. It should be death penalty so that nobody will try to follow his footsteps. It is a crime that needs to be taken seriously. If death is not possible, then it should be behind bars for the rest of his life.

June 22, 2016 at 1:44 am

he should have gotten more. especially since the ones that did the same thing at Vanderbilt are looking at getting over 10 years and they have clean records too. It was very sad to see the continued victim shaming.