Author Posts

June 20, 2016 at 1:25 am

Imagine vacationing at Disney with your family and your 2 year old son gets snatched up by an alligator!!  You can read about it here http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/16/us/alligator-child-florida-orlando-disney.html?_r=0

There is speculation over who is responsible for the child’s death… the parents letting their son play on water when there was a sign saying no swimming or Disney for not putting up signs about alligators, not just not swimming signs.  Or a combination,may the family  grieve in peace over their son!!

June 21, 2016 at 2:45 pm

@JoDee Stout, I can also blame the parents. Their son is too young to play in the water alone and place famous for sharks. What kind of parents are they. Why didn’t they hold or carry their baby. I hate a news like this.Many blamed the parents too.

June 21, 2016 at 7:24 pm

@lovern, apparently the family was nearby, that’s how the father was able to try and get his son away from the alligator.  My concern at first was why was this child up at night, playing by the water?  Also, apparently there were signs in that area that stated “no swimming” in that area, so why would you let your child be playing in that area?

June 21, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I read about the news. I have the same thoughts about it. Why does the child at the riverbank? I think it is always the parents to be blamed of. I  am sure some people would say to stop blaming the parents. I do think that parents should always have extra effort to protect a child. I just felt for the child who died because of parents’ negligence.

June 22, 2016 at 10:44 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/4cryingoutloud/

Parents should be blame for  the child’s death.

Whether or not the signs are there, if one knows that place is infested with sharks, alligators, parent should take care of their own kids.

Even when you are in the zoo, parents should hold tight to kids hands, make sure that they are safe boundary.

Although these animals are in the cage, you never know what will happen

June 22, 2016 at 3:59 pm

@JoDee Stout, That is right, how come the child is still awake and that place is known to have killer alligators. If I were the parent, I have to secure the safety of my child.I cannot understand their mind set.

June 22, 2016 at 4:02 pm

@peachpurple, You are right peach, and the place is not safe for humans how much more to that innocent boy no knowledge about the coming the risk. I may say they are bad parents.

June 24, 2016 at 3:09 pm

I think both the parents and the management of DISNEY   fault. The parents negligence and security failure of Disney.