Author Posts

November 28, 2016 at 3:09 am

Fidel Castro- Courtesy of Pixabay

Fidel Castro- Courtesy of Pixabay

Fidel Castro, the long-time leader of Cuba has died on November 25 at the age of 90. Some may remember him as a man of virtue while others see him as a monster that killed his fellow countrymen in order to keep them in line.

People’s opinion about the man may differ, I guess depending on what history you may know about him. There is no arguing about his intelligence. He was a very smart man and he knew to keep certain “big banks” out if his country. Some may find his way of doing things harshly and cruel but he got things done.

He may not be missed by a few but he will be missed by others.

November 28, 2016 at 4:12 pm

@evilelf, May Fidel Castro Rest In Peace! I like he was a very strong man. He so famous in the world. His name is so popular when I was in college. He is an extra ordinary man. He was not afraid to do what is right do others dislike.Many said he violated human abuses, but those punished were garbage in their society. It is hard to please humans , despite progress seen, still they ignored because most people prefer to plant hatred than love and care to help and support the nation building.

It is synonymous to what is happening in Philippines.The new President tried his very best to fix our country by eliminating drug that are protected by ranking officials in the Philippine national Police and some senators and congressmen. Almost 5 thousand killed in our country’s war on drugs, but others condemn the president to have than the EJK. Those killed resisted arrest and fought back the police, so no choice, of course, the police must kill them , than they be killed. Those drug addicts, drug lords killed are useless in our society. They do not deserve to live.There are so many heinous crimes done in the past administration, many children raped and killed and bodes thrown to creeks and forested areas. I condemned those drug addicts. If a person is not drug addict, no crime to happen.

Those leaders like Castro will never be forgotten for he was able to make reforms to their country and people.

November 29, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Very sad one more revolutionary leader has died and left the jealous and callous world for ever for eternal rest. Cuba has declared nine days of national mourning to mark the death of Fidel Castro, whose demise at the age of 90 has prompted emotional scenes in Havana and Miami, tributes and reflections from world leaders, and ushered the island into an uncertain era

The US president-elect, Donald Trump, referred to Castro as a “brutal dictator” who had oppressed his people for nearly six decades.

“Fidel Castro’s legacy is one of firing squads, theft, unimaginable suffering, poverty and the denial of fundamental human rights,” he said. “While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve.”

The contrasting language from Obama and his successor suggests Trump may take a less conciliatory line on the US’s recently renewed relationship with its smaller neighbour, a relationship already seen as one of the main legacies of Obama’s presidency.

April 13, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Thank you for your point of view comparing the US in its relationship to Cuba between Obama and Trump at the cross point – Fidel Castro’s death.