Author Posts

April 26, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Every country has its own law in every field of life; different rule in education, working, social activities. In India there is certain marriage rule for Indians. But now I’m talking about marriage rule in Vietnam. It is not easy to be married in Vietnam. At the time of legal marriage registration, applicants have to prove their mental stability as they have sound mentality to be married and they are not crazy at all. They have to submit their certificates of healthy mentality and only then their marriage can be approved and they can marry.

April 27, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Well, it is really weird and is the first time I am hearing about a practice like this. Thank god here we don’t have to produce any certificates like them. I think this is just a safety precaution done by the parents for their children is getting married to a sound and healthy person, not only physically but mentally too.

There are many marriage rituals which differ widely across the globe. I recently read one in like this. In Scotland, the bride and the bridegroom are pelted with trash, rotten food, rotten eggs, garbage etc. This is a weird tradition and it is believed that if the couple could withstand this, they can withstand their marriage life forever. And another one which made me laugh is that in Fiji, the bridegroom has to present a Whale’s tooth to his father in law. That is a symbol of happiness and trust.

Like this, there are so much beautiful as well as amazingly weird practices. Even in India, it differs with the cities and districts and villages. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us.