Author Posts

July 3, 2016 at 9:27 am

We are living in the world full of filthiness, full of various kinds and types of sins. But humanity is still hopeful that there is one who is honest among us in any manner.  This has prompted me to create this group, “Honesty Still Works” for I have come across with the people whose means of livelihood is low in profile, but they can still afford to show their attitude of being honest and they do it without asking any favor in return.

This Sunday morning I am preparing to go to the Church to attend our Sunday services when I overheard my wife and our son-in-law talking each other. I caught a line from him saying, “one hundred pesos”(Php100), that is equivalent to $0.45. And he didn’t accept it. I was wondering what they’re talking since he was driving a motorized tricycle on that day. I wanted to clarify this matter.

I called his attention and did some queries on what was happening. He told me that he found a pink clutch bag which was left inside his tricycle. Curious as he was, he opened the bag which contained a bundle of an indermined sum of money in Philippine currency and with an ATM card. He traced back where his passenger got off. He made several rounds in the subdivision until he found the house of the owner.

He talked to an older woman and asked her if she had lost something. The woman said it was a pink clutch bag with money and an ATM card inside. He showed the bag and was confirmed by the woman that it was the bag which she had lost early this morning. My son-in-law turned over the bag and left. But the woman had offered him a reward of a hundred-peso bill which he didn’t accept. The woman thanked him.

I am very proud of the action which my son-in-law had done. Returning that something you find, which doesn’t belong to you is a simple deed to do for a human in which in return you let the rightful owner feel glad and happy about it. Honesty is still working among the people and my son-in-law is one of them. They deserve to be recognized humbly for such good deserving deeds. Through that kind of example made by the lowly tricycle driver like my son-in-law is something to be followed.

This forum is open for everyone to share similar honest works or deeds of anyone. This kind of person doesn’t a reward nor a money for such deed they have done. But through our own unique way of writing about them, we’re letting the world know that they do exist. Honest persons are still living among us. They need to be acknowledged not in their own desire or making by through us who witness their actions.

Let’s not wait for the appropriate time to do this. It takes now. Let’s not wait until tomorrow what we can do for you. Now is sufficient to give much value to humanity. Jesus Christ Himself has offered His life for us, sinners, to be saved. And those who are honest among us are giving the chance to prove ourselves that we can do the same. So be it.

July 3, 2016 at 9:36 am

That is very kind of him.  Honesty is not always for the best intention.

Many workers are honest not because they want to be honest.

They know that they will get rewards for honesty or they will get punished if they are not honest, and they are found out.

July 3, 2016 at 9:53 am

@scheng1, it is not true with my son-in-law. His honesty doesn’t require a reward or anything for him to be recognized. That is why, this is the initiative I have made to acknowledge his honesty. I want to let the world know that honesty is still alive and is practised by the people. Personally, we have already tapped his tendency to return that money he found on his tricycle through a word of appreciation.

My wife is so happy about what he did and I am also satisfied and gladdened for his deserving deeds worth to be followed by anyone, not only the transportation drivers. Forgetfulness is inevitable among the people especially to those who are in a hurry, who preoccupied and have become absent-minded. The money in the clutch bag left, probably the recent ATM withdrawal made by the woman.

If it is not returned, the woman would be in big trouble. She would be in distress where or how to get that money back. The money which has been lost may be a hard-earned money from her hubby who is working abroad. Imagine the sacrifice which her hubby is doing to earn that money for his family’s needs. Blessed therefore is my son-in-law for a job well done this morning.

July 4, 2016 at 9:56 am

Some people have this value. Being honest is the best thing for a person to do. I do think that there are still people who can practice despite the difficulty in life. It was a good thing for the man to bring it back the money.

July 4, 2016 at 2:46 pm

@Shavkat, the man whom you are talking or mentioning in your comment is my son-in-law. I know that he is honest. In fact, in that particular day, he needs money to pay the tuition of his youngest daughter who is studying in the Kindergarten school and she will have her long test. She has to pay her first payment for her entire year tuition.

But according to him, what if he doesn’t return the money, would he have the peace of mind while the owner is searching for it? Would the owner badly needed that money? He rather wouldn’t keep the money to clear his conscience and to have a peace of mind. He has done what an honest should do.

Well, as of this writing, he hasn’t yet paid the tuition of his daughter. I told him that I would assist him for his financial obligation when my monthly salary would arrive. I will pay the tuition of my granddaughter for the meantime while her father is broke.

July 4, 2016 at 3:26 pm

@nakitakona13 He is a good man. I think it is fine to use the money if there is no identification tagged in the clutch bag and it is not been looking by the owner. However, if someone looks for it and used the money without thinking this concern. That would be a problem. Regardless, he did a great job for being honest. More blessings to come for him. c”,)

July 4, 2016 at 3:43 pm

@Shavkat, it is timely that my granddaughter’s tuition fee would be paid tomorrow an hour before the exam for her father just gave a money to my wife who is taking charge of our granddaughter’s studies. I do join with you that our son-in-law is a hardworking man and he could be relied upon.

It would be a big reunion for his family comes July 15. His wife who is working abroad would take her vacation back home. He would be receiving some surprises from our daughter. And we’re also very happy for that for she would be reuniting with 3 children after a year of working abroad.

By the way, he works as a security guard and only receiving a meager wage which is enough to support his family. In his free time, he drives a motorized tricycle which his wife bought for him to augment his little income. I do appreciate how he works for his family.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  Gil Camporazo.