Author Posts

May 5, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I am a freelance programmer, though my main job is actually to take care of my children. 🙂

I also work on some making online sites, and I enjoy especially casual writing sites like LiteracyBase.

May 5, 2016 at 5:07 pm

I’m a freelance writer, and have been working that particular job since 2006. That seems like a long time ago now, but I have learned a lot over the years about writing for the internet, which is different from other formats. Writing can sometimes involve a lot of stress, but I do enjoy it when the topic is something I can really sink my teeth into. Casual writing is fun, I enjoy blogging as well as posting in forum threads. I’m new here at this site and just learning my way around, so it’s great to meet you, Lee Ka.

May 5, 2016 at 6:05 pm

@Kristie It’s greet to meet you too. I am really impressed that you are a professional writer, and have been writing since so many years ago, 10 years! That’s great. Do you usually write for clients or publish your articles online?

I have always been hoping to write better, but first of all, English is not my first language, and I haven’t spend time to brush up my English and writing skill too. I am glad there are sites for casual writing, it lets me express myself, learn from others and definitely improves my English and writing as well.

I am also a newbie here. It seems like the site has become more active, and we will have more fun here. Hope we’ll enjoy spending our time and build a friendly community here as well.

May 5, 2016 at 10:53 pm

I am a freelancer indeed. I started working as a forum poster in a longest running site. Then I become an article writer for some individual company. I also became a virtual assistant. Then I became a blogger of diferent jobs. PTC clicker, I also joined some online investment sites, started a little business with a friend, did not went out successful. Came back to being a blogger, being scammed. I became active as a forum poster, started working in a revenue sharing site, then a blogger again. I have been through a lot of online sites. I have been working online for 10 years now.

May 6, 2016 at 4:03 am

@Grecy You really have a lot of experiences working online. Do you only work online for these 10 years, or also have a full time job at the same time?

What does a virtual assistant do? It sounds interesting. Do you mind telling why were you scammed by being a blogger? I thought blogging is just about writing, but didn’t know it involves investment as well.

I am sure you have now established a good working online base and make good money from it as well. We all learn from our experiences, good or bad. Also, thank you for always sharing your experience and helping others too! 🙂

May 10, 2016 at 9:18 am

I am into freelancing too. I work as a freelance social media marketing consultant for start ups and new businesses. I am also into online earning, but not as much. I would like to do it full time eventually.

May 10, 2016 at 4:51 pm

@gautamdotcom Hi there, welcome to LiteracyBase. It is really nice to have a social media expert here. I am sure we will be learning a lot from you.

So, you have quit your full time job as a marketing consultant, and doing freelance work now? I think you will also be able to find some social media marketing jobs in those freelancer websites, am I right?

There is a “Make Money Online” group here, perhaps you will find some  online opportunities there.

Anyway, hope you will enjoy your stay here.

May 10, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Thanks @LeeKa glad, I also work for a major European IT consulting firm, havent started earning as much as i can quit my job from freelancing 🙂

May 11, 2016 at 12:49 am

@gautamdotcom It is good that you are still working for a major company, so you can slowly establish your freelance business without having much pressure. Hope you will be successful in your career and your own freelance business as well! 🙂

May 11, 2016 at 11:41 pm

I’m a freelance legal consultant/legal writer/legal researcher. I work for law, tax & consultancy firms abroad. I also do legal translation for different sites, mobile apps, etc.

May 12, 2016 at 1:33 pm

@Lee Ka  I am a freelance writer, blogger and astrologer. I do horoscope and tarot readings through my website astrokrsna. I also offer name correction services based on numerology. I have been writing on numerous writing websites since past few years and I also run my own personal website spiritualboosters.

May 13, 2016 at 3:44 am

@cookiemonster It sounds like you are doing really good in your freelance work. Do you find the jobs locally or via any freelancing websites?

May 17, 2016 at 10:10 am

I work as an online freelance writer. I currently do article writing, forum posting, blogging, and other types of freelance writing. I love to write and I am always looking for new writing eggs to add to my basket.

May 22, 2016 at 7:17 am

@s-stephens Glad to see so many writers here. I am sure I will be learning a lot from you all. It’s a really good site for us to learn more here.

Hope you will get to find more writing eggs! 🙂

Do you write on these article writing sites, or do you have some clients who buy articles from you? Are you also working on those freelancer sites to get writing projects?

May 22, 2016 at 8:29 am

@kaka135 yes sis I was scammed and the site is Bubblews. I was earning good on Bubblews before and then they decided not to pay most of us. They pay selective people, they pay those members that they feel like paying.

Virtual assistant is like doing jobs of secretary. You will do some screenshot, encoding, calling a client, booking a flight, but you do it virtually. You and your boss are only talking to each other through Skype or Facebook messenger. I got paid there and I was earning a lot but my boss moved to Guatemala and got married so the business ends.