Author Posts

March 23, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Photographer: Wendy Spickerman

Photographer: Wendy Spickerman

Relationships aren’t something one should enter into lightly. In fact, my first piece of advice would be to ask yourself the following questions, before entering into a relationship with someone in Law Enforcement.

Are You An Independent Person

This question is very important as someone working in the field of Law Enforcement, it’s a 24/7 job and The job is brought home. Someone in Law Enforcement can be called away at a moments notice. You have to be okay with that.
Do You Enjoy Holiday’s

Many people in Law Enforcement are required to work holidays. So if you want your special someone to be home for the holidays, maybe date someone else.

There is a way to get around this if you find yourself attracted to someone in this career field. Photos, texts, even videos. This helps make them feel a part of the moment even when they can’t be there.

Are You Someone Who Enjoys Doing Everything Together

If you’re used to a relationship where you and your partner are always together. This is definitely NOT a relationship for you. Let’s face it when a cop isn’t working, they are eating, drinking, sleeping work. It’s true…

If they are not working, they are working out to stay physically fit for a job that demands a lot out of them. Working out also helps relieve stress for officers. Put that aside they have court dates, special assignments, are in need of getting sleep whenever they can because of extremely long shifts at times. It’s a demanding career and anyone who dates someone in law enforcement needs to be supportive, encouraging, and able to handle the stress such a job puts on those in a relationship with a cop.

However, if you’re someone who enjoys having your own interests, a career, hobbies. Those in law enforcement can be very loyal.

Do You Want A Family

This is a very important question. Law Enforcement is a demanding job so you’ll be taking on a lot of responsibilities around the home.

NOTE: The author of this post is a person with years of experience in this field. This post is meant to spread awareness and help others make an informed decision.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by  Wendy Spickerman. Reason: Photo Sizing

March 23, 2017 at 8:26 pm

NOTE: There seems to be a formatting error on the site. I am unable to edit the issue.

March 28, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Wow you have totally nailed it. It is so true its very important and essential for the people who are in marriages or relationships with people in the law enforcement. This are people who are ever busy, they are all over the place, they are almost never home, they risk their lives all the time in the name of protecting the nation. And this is really hard for the family. One has to be ready for any eventuality. But i guess if you follow the tips above, you will in a good place to be able to deal with whatever comes your way

June 2, 2017 at 8:59 am

Am to scared to date military or law anything that has something to do wit the law I can’t. Its so much they can get away wit that I wouldn’t trust it.