Author Posts

July 7, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Hello people how are you this fine weekend I hope you are all well. For those of you who are married or are co-habiting or even boyfriends and girlfriends has any of you ever had an argument with your spouse? How did it go did you walk out or did you throw all kinds of abuses to your spouse just to make a point? I am one of those people who don’t like to confront people especially grownups for I feel they are mature enough to make right decisions. When your partner does something that you don’t like how you deal with it do you walk away or do you sit down and reason out together.

July 8, 2016 at 10:01 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/sauda/

this type of arguments happened to me every week !

It is either my 9 year old son or my hubby but never my teenager daughter.

My hubby would use hurtful words but I kept quiet.

I cannot defend for myself because he will say that I am being “demanding, ungrateful and trying to challenge him”

So, if I carry on to words to fight back, we will end up in the divorce court soon.

hence, I chose to keep quiet and managed to keep this family together.

One has to be tolerant while the other abuse in words.

If both are temperamental, havoc , tears, will not end.

My son is just a bad temper child, who argues with me every day.

Yes, he is always is tears by the end of the argument

July 8, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Oooh my goodness peachpurple this must be really sad to keep having arguments with your son and hubby, I know sometimes silence is the best thing but again it can really hurt when you say nothing at all, it’s good to confront issues just check the tone of your voice and the choice of words he will eventually listen to you just don’t be too fast to evoke or blame him because he will look for something to turn the blame towards you. all the same I wish you all the best and may God be your guide.

July 8, 2016 at 3:39 pm

@peschpurple, so sad peach your son dares to argue with you. He forgot that children ought to love their mother. This time many young teenagers lacking respect to their parents. They feel arguing with them thought they are wrong is just an ordinary thing. I hope he will realize that he will be nothing without you.Sorry for the pain and ache caused by your son.

July 8, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Hello everyone.  I am the type of person that does not like to argue.  Unfortunately you just cannot reason with some people.  I respect that everyone is different but when tempers flare it causes a variety of situations.  Whether it be with a spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, or just friends.  I read a news story about this woman who had her husband thinking that all six of her children were his (for years).  He finally went and got a DNA test and when it came back it proved that he was not the father of none of the children.  Unfortunately after he learned this, he decapitated her.  My thought on this is that he completely lost it (went insane).  Because as the news stated he spent years caring for these children and his wife and was a good man.  Today, some do not consider others feelings and feel that they can just do whatever.  We have different opinions, thoughts, and beliefs.  If these things could be respected more, I feel that we would have better communication going on between people.  My psychology professor always taught us that when two are having a disagreement, it is better not to use “you” statements.   She stated that this immediately makes one feel as if they are to blame.  I have tried it out and it does work.   Being adults you would think that most could have a descent disagreement/argument.  Wrong!!  There will always be someone who thinks that they are right, all of the time.  Me myself know that I am not perfect but when I am wrong I try my best to immediately admit my wrongdoing because I do not want it to bite me in the butt.  My professor also stated that when we have disagreements/arguments, it is also best to state how you feel by beginning the sentence with “I feel really hurt by what was done”.    I have also found this to be effective.

July 12, 2016 at 12:33 am

I am the type of person who doesn’t yell unless extremely upset( takes a tremendous amount of disrespect and wrongfulness to get me there) I talk things out even when the other person is yelling I can remain calm and talk. I have never left an argument until it is handled because I feel like then it just gets left open and you argue more.

July 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm

wow well said I like the direction that you taken with this whole thing about arguments, many times people do not want to own up to their mistakes and that’s where the problem begins. when we say sorry we are usually taking the blame off our shoulders which is good. and I also like the part that you have said that we should always start our sentences with I feel good point@ yvette

July 12, 2016 at 3:05 pm

If I can no longer suffice, the accusation, that is the time that I have to exercise my right to express my opinion to defend myself especially is the argument is about debt, love, rivalry, bills at home, foods cooked, cleanliness and laziness.

July 12, 2016 at 3:37 pm

I seldom argue with my wife, with my children. But for the sake of educational debate, I am ready to confront anybody. When I was studying in the college, I used to witness a debate contest during our college cultural contest. And as I ambitioned to be a debater, I was chosen to be one of the members of the group in our department in the debate contest and our group won.

Well, as far as family feuds or disagreement, we calmly settle it between my wife and me. As to my children’s concern, I let them gather and discuss things in question. We settle it and come up with the best solution for everyone would agree and wouldn’t make things amiss again. Communication is the best solution when things are being argued and there should be an arbiter who is usually my role or my wife’s concern.

August 12, 2016 at 4:26 pm

To argue means there is an existing controversy that needs to resolve.This is not also easy to handle for it many not reduce the intensity of your feeling.Both parties won’t give up.What are they trying to emphasize, pride and stupidness.

August 13, 2016 at 5:49 am

I need to open up the issue and give my partner to think. Then, we can sit together and talk about it. If things didn’t work out, we just let go and cool it off. If we are ready to talk about again, then find a solution. I think it is better to have two-process of communication to settle things up.

June 4, 2017 at 8:49 am

I walk away becuz if I stay then I know me……..I know my attitude. Am going to come back at u like u coming back towards me. When I feel like things between me and my dude have calmed down then we can talk about it. Other then that if its something really bad then that means that am not gon talk to u period.