Author Posts

October 27, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Yesterday I watched the James Bond Movie of Mid 1960s- Thunderball once more. I liked the spectacular underwater action scenes a lot in this movie.  Apart from this movie, “From Russia With Love” is also one of my favorites, and in fact “From Russia with Love” is considered one of the best Bond Movies which closely sync to how Ian Flemming, the novelist panned the characters and plots.

Most of the 1960s movies- except for “On Her Majesty’s secret service”(I forgot the lead actor’s name) had Sir Sean Connery as the main James Bond.

So which Bond Movie(s) of 1960s you like the most?

October 27, 2016 at 11:56 pm

I think the best movie of 1960 is The Magnificent Seven but what is best for you I do not know but I like the movie with my whole heart because in this movie is seen that a Mexican peasant village hires seven gunfighters to defend their homes and peoples of the village.

The method of defending the village is fantastic and exclusive and along with he bought hires gunfighters with his own cast just to save his peoples from the oppression of  the cruel rulers.

October 28, 2016 at 3:40 am

I think the Bond movie I like the best has to be ‘Goldfinger’. I’m not sure when it was released but I always did enjoy watching it. I do think James Bond was best played by Sean Connery. He made Bond what he is today.

October 30, 2016 at 4:41 pm

@jhsayyar I have heard of the movie “The Magnificent Seven”, but not seen it.

@evilelf yes Goldfinger was also well made, and its villain was very very nasty.

December 25, 2016 at 12:53 am

Thunderball and any other Bond movie that included a scene shot on location in The Bahamas, which starred Sean Connery, the only real James Bond. 🙂

December 26, 2016 at 12:16 am

But Pierce Brosnan was also good and Daniel Craig also portrays a rough Bond well enough @cmoneyspinner

December 27, 2016 at 1:12 am

Sean Connery “defined” James Bond and all the other guys who came after must try to live up to the “standard” he established.  Brosnan comes across as a cute little boy who plays with spy toys.  I blame the script writers.  Daniel Craig purposely chose to try to “redefine” the Bond character because he knew better than to try to be similar since loyal fans (like me) would always contrast and compare.  🙂

December 27, 2016 at 9:22 am

Indeed, comparison comes up with different Bond actors @cmoneyspinner.