Author Posts

June 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm

At serial No. 9 of FAQs of this site it is mentioned that “Your post will be approved / disapproved by our moderator after 24 working hours. You can see the status of your post on your dashboards”.

Since two of my articles were “awaiting approval” for long, today (22.6.2016) I checked my dashboard to know the status of those pending articles.

Lo and behold, even though they have stated that ” you can see the status of your post on your dashboards”, I could not see any status for the simple reason that they were missing. What they have done is simply removed it without informing me. So much for their manners and etiquettes.

I was surprised and shocked to find that two my articles viz., “Make Money from your Blog via Kindle” and “3 Tips for your Blog Success”have been removed/deleted from ‘my dashboard’ without any trace after keeping it pending for several days showing the status as “awaiting approval”.

If this site is behaving in this manner, what is the value of the time and effort we put on this site to earn a few pennies. If they did not liked my articles for whatever reason, they should have very well cited the reason/s for their disapproval and left the article titles to remain in my dashboard. 

This sort of deleting articles without assigning any reason is not at all appreciated. Slowly, I am losing faith on this site.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  Rajaraman K.

June 22, 2016 at 6:12 pm

@Rajaraman K This is really strange! My eight posts are still pending approval. It’s been three days and I am not motivated to write anymore. What’s the point of submitting posts if they are not being approved? The support had mentioned that there would be delays in publishing of posts due to site maintenance but they didn’t mention any specific time.

June 22, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I think that is due to system error rather than human error.

@support always informs about the reason when he does not approve the article, and he suggests ways to make improvement.

Just be patient, and hope that the problem can be rectified.

June 22, 2016 at 7:51 pm

@Rajaraman K, I too have had a blog on “awaiting approval” for 7 days and then it disappeared, I’ve tried responding to this discussion three times and hopefully this comment will post!!

The @support use to be very responsive, but not anymore!  It reminds me of other sites that I have been on.  Just glad that some people actually got paid!!

June 22, 2016 at 8:44 pm

@ JoDee Stout  Send a direct message to the support instead of posting about it in the forum. I also posted my issue regarding pending blog posts in the forum and I was asked by the support to send them a direct message detailing the problem which was resolved afterwards.

However this time, I have eight pending posts at the moment but since it’s happening with everybody, so I have decided to wait.

June 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm

@Rajaraman – Please Inbox your queries. This will help us to check and respond quickly on your reported issues.  We request others as well.

Dear Folks  – If you find issues or have concerns then please let us know in private message.  Your positive response on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks – Support

June 22, 2016 at 9:13 pm

@Support  Thanks for responding to Rajaraman’s concern! Everyone is a bit confused about the delay in post approvals. It would be great if you could shed a light on this.

June 22, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I am surprised to know that @support is taking too much time for article approval.

I am also glad to note that I am not the only one to wait.

Thanks to GOD that none of my articles are deleted yet. I hope everything is fine. It is sad to note that people have started losing fate.

Yes, I believe that there has to be transparency. If the website is actually undergoing maintenance, the same should be maintenance with clear timeframes.

@4cryingoutloud, are you serious? You mean to say that if a post is there for 7 days awaiting approval, then it will disappear? If this is the case, then this is quite a serious problem. The rule of etiquette says that you should have courtesy in informing others of such things. Deleting posts without informing the original author can prove fatal in the long run. Delays in approval is a different problem while unnecessary deletion is another different case. I think we should have a backup copy of all our posts as the admins are into habits of deleting posts.

June 22, 2016 at 10:05 pm

I agree with @scheng1 on this: deleted posts are likely to be a system error and should be reported via the contact form.The long delays we’ve experienced this week are another matter.

The long delays we’ve experienced this week are another matter. The site staff need to recognize that users are losing faith in LiteracyBase because support staff remain silent when we ask why nothing publishes at all on the site for days at a time.

The lack of transparency has killed other sites. I would hate to see it go this way for LB, but the only ones who can do anything about that are the staff.

June 22, 2016 at 10:39 pm

@Ruby3881 I have the same problem (delayed approval) but I am looking forward to see things come back to normal.

June 22, 2016 at 10:58 pm

@raaman I am sorry that your posts have been deleted. I agree with scheng1, there may be a system glitch. I think the team is still working to improve the site, hence there might be some errors here and there, and blog approval delay as well.

I have not been active on the site for about a month, hence I have no idea how the site is going now, but I do hope it will continue to grow well, even though slowly. I felt a little bit sad and quite shock reading the title of this thread, as LB is one of my favorite online working sites, as I think it has the potential to grow especially with the responsiveness of the support.

@scheng1 Good to hear that the moderators will let us know the reason for not approving the posts and how we can improve them. I think this is really good, as we know what kind of articles are good for the site, and hence we can always write good articles for the site.

June 22, 2016 at 11:03 pm

@Lee Ka I guess the site needs a few more hands to dispose pending matters immediately. If there will be too many pending articles/issues, it would become hard to tackle. Maybe the articles of the OP were lost during maintenance of the site which can be resubmitted if that is the case.  

June 23, 2016 at 12:10 am

@thinker, yes, it was waiting “awaiting approval” for 7 days.  I didn’t bother writing to support as many others had posts that were waiting approval as well.  Then I was on the site and was going to contact them and went to my blog dashboard and it disappeared!!!  ust within minutes if me seeing that it was ll awaiting approval!!