Author Posts

June 4, 2016 at 7:30 pm

@peachpurple Most of my posts are a fair bit longer than 300 words, as well. Many are in the 600-900 word range, and I find these have been receiving lower compensation this week. In one instance, I actually had a shorter post that earned more than the longer post. There wasn’t a significant difference between them in terms of quality, target audience, etc.

June 4, 2016 at 7:51 pm

@bestwriter In fact, I posted three more posts too. There was too less activity on the forums in the morning, so I wrote posts instead. All the posts have been approved and yes, I got 0.15 for all except one which got 0.10

June 4, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I think posts submitted on Friday will take a longer time to get approved.

It makes sense, because the team needs to take a break too.

We should not expect them to work every day.

June 4, 2016 at 7:54 pm

@ Kyla Matton Osborne (Ruby3881) I think now the blog posts are being judged on various criteria. I have noticed that the blog posts which are personal in nature get paid less compared to others.

June 4, 2016 at 8:04 pm

@ scheng1  actually you are right! this might be the reason for delay in the approval of the posts. That means friday is not a good time to submit posts.

June 4, 2016 at 8:24 pm

@ peachpurple At this point of time, there really aren’t that many writers here. See the number of people who are active in the forums. You will see the same 8-9 people. However I am sure this will change once the payments come on 10th. When the payment proofs are flaunted, new members will come running and even those who have registered here but are inactive, will gear up.

June 4, 2016 at 8:40 pm

I am not writing any blogs anymore, I feel I don’t know how to write blogs now. I am tired of sharing about my life and everything I feel that is why I don’t want to try. I did not feel that it takes too long to approve the blog post as I told you I am not writing. What I noticed is that there is no ads on the site, that makes me stop for writing blogs too. I wonder why?

June 5, 2016 at 5:40 am

@ruby3881  Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson 

(lol)

June 5, 2016 at 11:45 am

@swalia I don’t write personal posts, but some of my posts have a broader audience and higher SEO value than others. For example, some of the writing challenges have less SEO value because I approached them creatively instead of trying to write for page views.

I can definitely understand if these posts are given less pay than a similar post of the same length, but a more practical topic and broader reach. But even a more practical post in this batch earned less than a shorter post from a few days earlier. That does make me wonder what’s changed.

@grecy095 I’m sorry to hear you’re so discouraged, sis! I hope you will soon find new inspiration.

June 5, 2016 at 2:06 pm

@ruby3881  I took a lot of trouble over my blog -‘colours in my name’ and I did not get what I had worked for. I think blogs on personal matters should not be attempted here.

June 5, 2016 at 3:17 pm

@grecy095 I have not uploaded any blog since I submit for cashout last month.

I think I will get more motivated only when I get paid.

There is no issue in not having ad, since the amount paid out will be small.  However, if they do not get Adsense approved soon, there will be a problem.

June 5, 2016 at 3:35 pm

@bestwriter, me too, I won’t post this week unless see my blogs approved.I still have 3 pending posts.

June 5, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I think a lot of people are beginning to be concerned about the lack of ads, the slow approval times, and the fluctuations in the amounts our posts are being awarded. It would help a lot to see some positive change in at least one of these areas, as it is still several days to the first scheduled payment and several of the active members are not posting.

If there is some news that @support or @admin can tell us to help alleviate the concerns, it would be good to say it now. Improved transparency goes a long way toward boosting morale.

June 5, 2016 at 4:51 pm

@bestweiter I appreciated your post, and have shared it across several of my social networks. It is true that some of these writing challenges will pay less, especially if we choose to approach them from a personal or creative angle. I think perhaps our next challenge will have to be something with more SEO value….

June 5, 2016 at 5:49 pm

@ruby3881 – Challenges may not have much viewership. I worked very hard for that post, searching for colours to match my name (lol)