Author Posts

November 15, 2016 at 8:08 pm

1. Oxford advanced learner’s Dictionary of current English, defines old age as the later part of life or senior citizen. At old age man becomes problem for himself and relatively. Many old ones find it difficult to rule their dotage because of pains or lack of care.
  2. God has designed that when one gets older, there will be somebody who should assist him to cope with life but when they discover that none is there to offer this help, it can lead to anxiety, or still, high blood pressure, which may eventually lead to untimely dead. The same thing is applied to widows.

old age

Old age

November 15, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Elom, It seems to me that you expressed my views, I mean views which I have in my mind. It has been observed that when a person crosses his seventies he actually reaches his dotage. He tends to forget things, he suffers from ailments of different kinds. He starts expecting others to assist him.Sometimes he has expectations from his wife,  sons and daughters, but they often donot come up to his expectations. so the old man gets frustrated.He must get out of this state otherwise he is going to create more problems for himself and his family.

November 16, 2016 at 4:56 am

I am a senior and well prepared to handle the situation. It is folly to expect family to rally round as they have their own issues to deal with.

November 16, 2016 at 8:11 am

Old age is where all of us destined to be going through our lives.  It’s either we are ready or not. We have no choice but to go with it.

My grandmother told me one time. “You cannot regret being old someday if you satisfy yourself while you’re still young. Do the things you think I good for yourself. Do the things you dream to be. Always make sure you reach your goals no matter how many times you failed. So when you’re old like me, You cannot regret anything.”

My “Lola” is very good when it comes to giving advises. 🙂

Well, it’s true. I must not waste my time while I’m still young. Someday when I get older, I cannot go back and do what I must do now. When I get old, it’s time to rest and enjoy reminiscing the past. 🙂

November 16, 2016 at 11:57 am

I’m still at my 40’s but beginning to think of my old age, maybe this is the reason why the phrase ‘life begin at 40’ was coined. Everybody cannot escape old age except those who die in their early years. I believe the children should be the one to take care of their old parents until they die. But for me, in case, I will not tell them to do it so, if they wanted to care of me and my wife, that is good. But if they don’t like, its okay with me. I don’t like t ruin their life and happy moment because they are tied to just caring my wet pajamas or stinky hair. I will give them their right to the things that will make them happy.

November 17, 2016 at 12:21 am

Old age is a very critical time in someones life. Some might take it as a bonus, some may take it as being a nuisance to those that ar3 still young, they feel like they ar3 a burden to their families and this can cause the old people look down upon themselves but if th3y are taken care of well, then there will be no problem. Many people tend to neglect their own parents in old age just because they require much, but that should not be the case if you are able and are financially stable instead of takung youraged parents to nursing home why dont you do it so that you can also be closer to them making them happy, that way they can even live longer than they had anticipated just because th3y have their loved ones with th3m.

November 17, 2016 at 5:19 am

Old age is the start of many crankiness to health issues. It is so important that while young, we must do extra care to ourselves. Let us not intoxicate our body. Old age cannot be evaded unless die too soon.All of us aspire to live too long, therefore, in meeting this goal, we need to nourish our body with the right foods. Those who abuse themselves may find life hard when old. Gone will be the strength in the youthful years.

The old age, as far as my observation is concerned commences at 60. I noticed that some of those I know, have health deteriorated at this start of age, the senior citizen age. I sometimes want to oppose that once reach 60, body is weak. I would like to say, WRONG. Age 60 is still able and capable to be tasked. In fact, when I had my vacation in Auckland, I saw many old people still working in the mall. When we had our stop over in cairns, Australia, the one in charge of the transfer is an old lady at her 70’s, so we cannot judge age though.

I also have co- teachers still teaching this time , two of them in their 79th.

Conclusion: What matters most is the food we eat, the life style and the manner how we care ourselves in order to live too long and remain healthy though old.

Thank you peps.

Image credit by Facebook

10441909_1097313950312894_5848146589409543057_n