Author Posts

June 18, 2016 at 11:31 pm

When you make a decision or a comment, do you do it on assumption or do you decide on facts?

I think sometimes we just assume what another person has said or done when we make decision.  Some times we don’t take the time to “listen” we just kind of jump to conclusions based on assumptions?  I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes I do this or I don’t understand why people do/say things that I wouldn’t.  Especially when it comes to actions, I just assume that they will do unto me, as I would do unto them.  A lot of times by assuming, I am amazed that some people only think of themselves.

June 19, 2016 at 4:01 am

@JoDee Stout

Decision making is not that easy as it seems. One needs to look at every aspect however small the issue may be. In one of our training courses we were taken to a method called PRODEM – Problem analysis and decision making. Even  a small issue as where to go on holiday needed to go this process.

One Dr. Wilkinson took us through that process. I cannot find it on the Net but this link should help you somewhat

Problem Analysis and Decision Making Training

June 19, 2016 at 8:21 am

@JoDee Stout, Others cannot decide by themselves. They are afraid they’ll fail. We also need many heads before finalizing a decision.Others do debate just to get the genuine result, but those whose decision is too personal need not be declared publicly, but keep it and do action to make that decision attainable and measurable.

June 19, 2016 at 11:11 am

@ JoDee Stout  It depends on our state of mind. Sometimes we react instead of responding to a situation. We often regret the decisions or actions which are based on our reactions.

June 19, 2016 at 11:13 am

I do make my final decisions. I can ask some opinions and hear some advices. But still, I am still the sole person to decide which is best for me. That’s the problem with some people; they can’t have the final day because afraid of committing mistakes.

June 21, 2016 at 5:53 am

When I make my decision, my hubby will be the first one to object them.

He said that my decision are always non logical and I don’t think of the consequences.

Sometimes I disagree with him but he insisted that my decision is always wrong.

hence, I don’t make a decision now.

Just leave the decision to him to decide.

After all, whatever I say, it is always wrong.

Sob!

June 21, 2016 at 7:18 pm

@peachpurlpe, that’s why a lot of times I will say nothing, because people don’t take my opinion or thoughts seriously!! 🙁  Know all to well how you feel!!