Author Posts

September 8, 2016 at 6:21 pm

When my wife and I turned 60 in 2011, we went to the office of the senior in our place to register ourselves. Then, we were given an identification card and a booklet for our purchases to be made like the foods, the medicines, among others. We have a law for us as senior citizens. The law says that we’re entitled to 20% discount on the authorized purchases we could make.

After our registration, my wife and I felt something assured of our well-being as a senior citizen. The government is really looking after us. It’s good that we have our own family where we could stay with them to attain to our physical, economic, and even spiritual needs. That is a great assurance for us.

This October I would be turning 65 and I’m retiring from the government service. What awaits me as a private citizen seems to be unknown, uncertain. Anyway, that is life, I have to adjust myself to my new world, to my new life as a private person.

September 8, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Seniors now have many activities going on because the organization and association are active providing some good programs for you. There are good programs that includes livelihood programs, light sports activities and even pageant. You may also keep yourself busy on agriculture and gardening.

September 9, 2016 at 6:08 pm

That’s wonderful. I would keep myself busy in gardening for I love planting veggies, root crops. I would be preoccupied in this manner. I’m planning to volunteer in giving lectures to the youths, to boy scouts, One of my plans with my wife is to serve those who are in need, those who lack education by providing them Church program in education, welfare, among others. In so doing, we would be happy about it.