Author Posts

January 18, 2018 at 1:52 am

It can be a difficult task deciding which guitar is right for you. So many things should be considered in the process such as stature, music choice, and of course budget and with so many choices out there, you can find the perfect instrument for you.

Lets look at your musical choice or style first. If you are a fan of Dave Matthews, blues, or bluegrass styles, you may want to look into an acoustic guitar.

If you favor the edge of a distorted guitar as found in rock or metal styles, you may want to look into solid body electric guitars.

If jazz and blues do it for you, a semi -hollow body guitar will provide you with the tone you want.

Now, lets consider your stature. If you have a smaller build such as a younger player, you may want to chose a lighter ash , strat style body rather than a heavy Les Paul style. I would recommend playing several different guitars until you find one that is comfortable to play with a strap while standing.

Next, lets consider your budget. Im 41 and I still dream of buying another Taylor acoustic guitar. Unfortunately, my budget will not accomodate the $4k price tag for the model I want. This doesnt mean you cant afford a nice instrument that plays well. I have a $100 Washburn that plays and sounds amazing. Of course, I had to find the right strings and have the bridge shaved to lower the actiona bit. The point is, you can easily find tonal happiness without breaking the bank. Play as many instruments as you can before buying. You will find a guitar that feels like it was made just for you

April 3, 2018 at 10:16 pm

This is quite interesting, though i don’t play guitari am sure such information would be very useful to someone who is looking out for a good guitar. I really didn’t think that a guitar would have so many things to think about when buying one. Especially the stature of a person that matters? Wow thats good to know. I have learned a lot of things from this article i can actually teach someone one or two things.