Author Posts

November 30, 2016 at 1:56 pm

This is the third variety of mango pickles prepared in a different part of India. Prepare and taste it, it is sure to tickle the taste buds of one and all. No need to mention that it will have a different taste and flavor compared to the others.

INGREDIENTS

4 raw mangoes

125 gm of red chilli powder

125 gm salt

2 tsp methi

2 tsp haldi powder

2 tsp mustard seeds

200 ml sesame oil

1 tsp asafoetida

METHOD

Peel the mangoes and cut them in thin layers length wise. Dry in the sun for two days. In a pan fry methi, mustard seeds till they turn dark brown. Grind once cooled down. Heat oil in a pan, then remove from heat and add the asafoetida. Add chilli powder, ground methi and mustard powder, salt, haldi and mix. Add the dried mango pieces and mix well. Place the pickle in a jar and store for a day before consuming.

November 30, 2016 at 4:48 pm

yes. This is my favorite. It is prepared with dried mango pieces The taste will be extremely delicious. My mother was an expert in preparing Magai  Pacchadi. There was some magic in her hands. Now she is no more and there is no one who can prepare and bring taste to the expectation of mine.

Here in the shops, people sell Magai  Pachhadi. But it will not be that good. This does not contain Jaggery.

But, my mother was preparing this item and keeping it in a separate jar. Whenever we ask for it she was taking some out and grinding it mixing some small amount of jaggery. This is what that gives taste to it.

The real taste of this item can be appreciated eating it with hot rice during a rainy season.

It will be even more delicious along with Majjiga pulusu

November 30, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Agree 100 percent with what you are telling about the food mothers cook. Nothing can match the taste and neither can we buy or get that from any other place. Nothing can replace mother’s cooking, flavor and taste.