Author Posts

April 20, 2017 at 11:42 pm

This startling photograph is acknowledged as one of the most horrifying photographs shot ever since the camera was invented.

Notice the vulture waïting for the child to die.

This photo was shot in 1994 and won the Pulitzer Prize. The location is Sudan, outside a UN warehouse for storing food and grain received as humanitarian aid. Nobody knows what happened to the child. But Kevin Carter broke down mentaly after taking this picture and ultimately committed suicide within 3 months of taking this picture. This is what Kevin Carter wrote in his diary which was recovered after his death :

Dear God, I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it can taste and how full I may be. I pray that He will protect this little boy, guide and deliver him away from his misery. I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests. I hope this picture will always serve as a reminder to us that how fortunate we are and that we must never ever take things for granted.”

UNQUOTE

Each one of us waste food just because we can afford to waste food. Despite all the technological advances made by man, it has not been possible to eliminate hunger. Hunger is not only caused by famine or failure of crops. It is also caused by war both internecine and external agressíon.

Can we, after seeing this photograph take  a pledge not to waste food ?

Can we educate our children not to waste food ?

Can we share this picture with our friends and acquaintances and take a pledge to spread awareness, beyond the four walls of our home about the existence of hunger

Please share this picture and spread the message through whatever medium that is available to you.

April 24, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Yes, We Can Actually Do So, Nd I Think It,s The Best Way We Could Train Our Children Nowadays, The Coming Generation Need It

April 24, 2017 at 8:27 pm

I Almost Think Of Dropping Some Advice For The School Ages,
+MY FUTURE FOR ME
The day you were born is over. you can never return to the womb. it was a time when you were not seen or known by anybody except your creator, your existence then in your lonely world solely depends on GOD, he alone made your feeding possible. he protected and retained you there for about nine months

April 25, 2017 at 12:01 am

My Phone Switched Off Before, Now I Will Have To Restart The Text
From The Onslaught Of Modernity, It Was Well Accepted That Gender And Sex Are Thesame Term, But I Will Drop A Blog Relate To That In Order To Analyse What Gender Means , So Does Sex, Stay Tune And Follow My Blog

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by  Zayn Meek. Reason: Incomplete

April 25, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Your post doesn’t have the photo but I can understand about which photograph you are referring to. I have seen that photo recently on Youtube in a video named “Top 5 photos that shook the world” and I was really horrified to see those images.

Only one time I saw that picture and it just got imprinted in my heart and I took an oath on that day not to waste food as much as possible. I was really moved by that picture and I started to save money so that I can buy food for someone who is out there not even able to get a single meal a day.

We should educate children not to waste food and bring them the awareness by making them understand the people who suffer out there. If we educate them in the young age it will cultivate a habit and also it will help them in future to stop someone from wasting food. Thanks for this wonderful article.

April 26, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I think food wastage is one of the serious problem. And as you can see food wastage is serious issue. But the thing is that people around the world don’t consider that to be a problem. You should consider that as a problem only when it affects us in certain way. But with time we can see that it affects environment around us. And we are forced to do things and reach targets as well. You have to understand that we have to educate how to and not to educate our kids there on this. Some of thee time we have to let it happen and they learn it on their own mistakes.

April 26, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Yes, we must educate children as well as elders to waste as little as possible and avoid wasting as far as possible.