Author Posts

September 17, 2016 at 3:44 pm

I  don’t understand where did this trend come from. What’s wrong with the parents that put bracelets on a child that is only a few months old? I mean let’s face it it’ s not like the child is going to somehow appreciate that gift

September 18, 2016 at 1:24 pm

@alina, The parents of those children glittering despite infants old are teaching their children to become materialistic. I also do understand why are there parents training their children to become social climbers.What if they cannot meet the expectations of their child.That is one reason why there is child prostitution, the child when grows up might get used to material things, and if the parents can no longer afford, that child may become rebellious and do something  illegal or immoral. A child must be trained with right values while their minds are still empty so when they grow those learned from their parents won’t depart from them ( John Locke).

September 19, 2016 at 12:24 am

a child should be taught to work for what he wants. for example my parents would put me to clean the dust around the house or take the trash out if I wanted something. this is how I felt it was a reward for something I did good

September 20, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Don’t really think buying jewels for kid is best way to brought them as a good parent…….and in aspect of buying gift for children I think I do my best at least when it come to their birthday time I give them surprise gift….but seriously it not jewels

September 20, 2016 at 11:05 pm

I agree with you my friend. since they are so little it’s not like they are going to understand much out of it or even appreciate such a gift. it’s much more age appropriate to bring they sweets or toys

September 27, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Okay it depends on what kind of bracelet it is. If it is an expensive bracelet then that does not make any sense I don’t see the need or the real essence behind it. But there ar3 some cultures who do that for reasons best known to them. But if it were up to me i would refuse that idea of bracelets on vhildrens hands. I mean the kid is still so young what is that bracelet supposed to do for them at that age or is it some swag. Sometimes I feel like some parents really don’t have anything to use their money on its dad but I think morals have been lost for sure.

October 1, 2016 at 10:15 am

I undrestand what you are saying. I also think it’s a total waste of money and parents should do something useful for their children with that money.

October 1, 2016 at 12:43 pm

There might be some beliefs of parents why they are doing this. Maybe they believe that putting golds and other glittering in their children will bring to good fortune or good future when they grow old. It could also be a belief of warding off or pushing away the evil spirits so they cannot harm the baby. Or maybe, the passion of the parents of giving their children these things.

I mean, there are always reason why do they do it. Its not just showing their wealth and fortunes.

October 1, 2016 at 7:51 pm

most of them do it for the reason that you mentioned last. I’m aware that there are cultures with rules that we’re not capable to understand if we don’t share their beliefs but under normal circumstances I find such a geasture totally pointless

October 1, 2016 at 8:23 pm

according to chinese tradition, old folks would insist first born baby to wear jewellery on ankle, wrist or necklace as a symbol of precious, important, the only one, especially if the baby is a boy.

Actually, it is not popular anymore in this modern time but it is polite to accept the gift but remove it after that.

baby might get strangled from these jewellery when they are asleep

October 2, 2016 at 11:06 am

such things make me wonder why most cultures consider boys/men more important?