Author Posts

March 27, 2017 at 8:48 pm

This group encourages anyone to reminisce on the events of our lives.

In all my years here on earth, I have collected so much friends from my childhood to adulthood.

I have a collection of childhood friends.

When my parents sold our house where we grew up, we were disconnected from our childhood friends.

But thanks to social media, we got connected once again after so many years.

How about you, are still connected with your childhood friends?

March 28, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I think some of them are more financially successful than me. So some are outside this country. Some of the friends I know are in another state. Like this many people have parted ways. And they are now away from all that it’s harder to even meet once. I don’t think there is a chance I can meet many people. I think pretty much everyone I know is either busy with their life or parted ways. i don’t see the point in meeting them though. Life can be tricky. No point in going back in memory as it does not heal.

March 28, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Coming into contact after a gap of 25 years is really a boon. We organized a Old Students Meet for this. The function was arranged collecting some money. Many of us are well established now and money was not a problem. A date was fixed for the meeting and suddenly we gave it a new twist by Honoring Our Teachers who taught us and who were responsible for making us useful citizen of the society. Everything was reset and the event went on very nicely. Most of us became officers, Bank employees, Engineers, Politicians, Good Mechanics, Good Businessmen. We all shared our experiences of life and could get nice photographs and exchanged our numbers. This is really a good idea which worked nicely.

March 28, 2017 at 7:23 pm

@ makesh

I hope this is not too daunting for you. I am sorry if you feel that this memory does not heal.

Some of my childhood friends too have more financial freedom than me.

But the life I have now is God given, and I enjoy every moment that I can with it.

I am happy for my childhood friends that have been successful.

Hoping for more financial freedom for us!

March 28, 2017 at 7:27 pm

So happy for you that your reunion turned out okay.

No matter what our status in life has been, you are still an important part of your succeasful reunion.

Hoping for a more fruitful future reunions to come!

March 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm

I have always had a small collection of friends as long as I can remember. Maybe 2 at a time in different chapters of my life. Due to my own “wild spirit” I have lost contact with most of them. Fortunately, I have found a few recently and are back in contact with them, although we live in different regions of the states, I feel favored that I have been able to re-establish contact and the wonderful thing is, we pick up right where we left off. Friends are definitely a treasure!!

April 2, 2017 at 6:09 pm

@ Diana

Yes, friends are definitely a treasure!

When my high school classmates had our first reunion, after 40 years, its as if it was just yesterday that we met. There seems to be no lost years. All the happenings of your high school days were reminisce. It was such a joyful feeling of meeting them after 40 years.