Author Posts

May 18, 2016 at 5:16 am

What time zone is LiteracyBase located. In other words where is the headquarters of LiteracyBase?

May 18, 2016 at 5:28 am

I am also interested to know this, though there is no daily limit here, so we do not need to know the server reset time, but it’s still good to know.

Perhaps @support can let us know more about this information. Thanks!

May 18, 2016 at 5:38 am

@Lee Ka  I am interested because I want to know whether Admin is sleeping or awake while I am busy here (lol)

May 18, 2016 at 8:33 am

Our server and time zone is based on US timings.

May 18, 2016 at 9:36 am

Thank you for your prompt response. I think US has 4 zones if I am not mistaken and also US has the peculiarity of going forward and backwards as they please.(lol)  I know California is around 12 hours behind India and New Jersey is around 10 and a half hours behind India when the situation is normal.

May 18, 2016 at 10:40 am

which means our time zone with USA is 12 hours difference, as for me and @kaka135/

No wonder sometimes it took almost 8 hours for my post to be published online!

Literacybase team were sleeping while I was commenting and posting!

Thanks for sharing a good question here.

Cheers

May 18, 2016 at 11:53 am

Thanks you @peachpurple. It is nice to know so that we are not unduly worried why they are not attending to our activity.

May 19, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Not sure about the timezone because unlike Blogjob this site has no limits in posting so I don’t care. I think US time and I think the support is always here, but is just busy with something or reading our blogs to approve.

May 20, 2016 at 6:36 am

I now know why my activity gets noticed at a time when I am sleeping (lol)

May 24, 2016 at 2:53 pm

I think the time zone used by LiteracyBase is the American time for its business is covering the US, United Kingdom and Canada. That is the raw information I get while doing some readings here. Is that correct?

June 8, 2016 at 9:08 pm

@nakitakona13/

yup, LiteracyBase time zone is in US, you can see the time located in MY history.

The points that you received immediately after you posted a comment, the time is written there.

hence you can know the time difference between there and in your country.

For example, now is 12.07am here in Malaysia, in USA it is 9.07pm

I just saw it in MY History

June 8, 2016 at 11:01 pm

I just posted a comment at 10:40 am in Western Canada. The history entry says, “June 8, 2016 10:40 pm.” That’s 12 hours ahead of my time zone, Mountain Time, which is UTC – 7 hours.

The furthest east you can go in the United States, the time is only three hours ahead of me right now. And in winter only two hours. There is NO WAY that a 12-hour difference puts the servers anywhere in the United States. (Not saying they aren’t in the US. But maybe someone has reset the time on the site?)

The timings I’m seeing are more likely to place the server in India, Pakistan, or one of the other countries in the UTC + 5 hours time zone.

It’s even more interesting that I’m reading from all of you in India and Malaysia, that things are happening on the site when you’re asleep. Because for me halfway around the world where it’s night when you are enjoying daytime, the bulk of the work for approving posts seems to happen overnight or early in the day.

I generally see a large number of posts approved around midnight, or sometimes later in the night and leading on towards morning.

It makes me wonder if there’s an explanation for this….

Want to know what the exact time difference is for you? Post a comment and then immediately check your points history for the timestamp. That will tell you what time the site has. How many hours’ difference do you see?

@peachpurple If I’m correct, Malaysia is UTC + 8 hours, or roughly 2 am on June 9th right now. The time on the site would now be 11 pm on June 8th. Does that sound right to you?

June 9, 2016 at 12:42 am

I did not think that the servers were on U.S. time either since many of the times are off. I will check like you said and see what the time stamp is in my history and I will report back to let everyone know what I found out. Our time can be confusing since not all states do the whole fall back/spring forward thing. I wish we did not since it is a pain in the neck.

June 9, 2016 at 12:46 am

Okay, so the time stamp on my comment was June 9th at 12 something am but my actual Eastern time is June 8th at 3:50 pm  So not sure how they’re on US time zones. They were fast on publishing my post today as well. I submitted it at around noon today and it was approved already when I logged on to the site at about 3 pm.

June 9, 2016 at 3:15 am

@ruby3881

Twelve hours ahead of you is what India is. I am confused as @support says they are in the USA. Their clock needs repairs  (lol)