Author Posts

June 5, 2016 at 7:02 pm

@bestwriter I can identify with the time and effort you put into making the post special. I know that I often do the same.

When a post you worked hard on doesn’t pay off as well as you’d hoped, it feels like an even greater disappointment. But this too is part of the writing challenge. We must decide whether we are writing for fun, to develop a skill, or because we want a good readership and higher pay. Sometimes we sacrifice one thing in order to have another, so it must be a choice.

June 6, 2016 at 5:53 am

I guess payrate varies per quality. The admin is the judge for that because they know what they want to be posted, though I am glad they never reject a post especially the evergreen topics that I submitted before. I am planning to post 2 today because I observed it is easy to get approve when I only posts a few. This is just my observation, I might be wrong on this one.

June 6, 2016 at 6:00 am

@ruby3881 I know I will find something that will make me feel good. As long as I am on that mood, I can write blogs. I did wrote 2 yesterday and now it is already published.

@scheng1 so you slow down at present? Me, I am trying my might to reach a $10 to make it up to July 10th payment, if the site is still here lol. I just want to try to get paid. From the time I came back on the site, since last week I hardly saw ads, then I wonder why.

June 6, 2016 at 10:27 am

@ruby3881  You have a point there and in fact I was just thinking how boring it is to aim for higher earnings when that is not what you really want to write about. I have experienced this. I got higher ratings for something I wrote that I did not enjoy.

Now on I shall write what makes me happy the lower rate notwithstanding.

June 7, 2016 at 3:38 am

@bestwriter Sometimes writing what we love pays off. I just published a post that I wrote for fun, and it earned the highest amount I’ve ever had here on LB:

http://172.104.9.193/facebook-stereotype-liberal-fair/

It’s not as long as some that I’ve written, nor as informative. But I’m very pleased with the earnings 😀

June 7, 2016 at 4:15 am

This is kind of odd when you say that it was neither long nor informative when LB clearly describes what is a quality post here – they talk of posts being informative.

What I can therefore say is it is a hit and miss method here to earn good.

What has been the highest that you have earned here per post? I have not gone beyond 22. Ofcourse my posts have been always on the shorter side and since you say length  and a post being informative does not matter I am confused.

I went to your post but did not read it. It looks like it has more than 8 to 900 words. My largest posts at best have been just around 500.  I think length of a post matters here Kyla.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  bestwriter.

June 7, 2016 at 4:51 am

I don’t really worry about it… whatever will be will be.  As long as I’m making some money, I don’t care how long it takes.  Besides it’s always nice to have other sites to work on and make money on as well.

June 7, 2016 at 5:54 am

@JoDee Stout

You are right in a way but there is always the tendency to look for what gets the best attention at any site and finally I suppose one will choose the path that you have chosen.

June 8, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Well, we do respect your decision for that. Sooner or later all those posts you have written would be given attention. Then they will be reviewed and be approved. They will be published. However, there are things that need to be reconsider. Personally, I don’t know how long did your post become unattended. Anyway, there is something to be happy about if you are waiting. Rather than to finally giving up. I know you have more ideas in mind to write about, and for us to react or to discuss.

June 8, 2016 at 8:44 pm

@bestwriter/

honestly, I prefer shorter posts too, around 300-500 words.

If those posts which have killer title but goes long winded like a grandmother story, I would have read a few paragraphs and close the page.

It is taking time for me to read the whole page of 800 words while I can 2 posts of 300 words at the same time.

Of course, unless the posts has tips and tricks, then I might consider reading the stuff then !

June 9, 2016 at 1:33 am

@JoDee  I agree whatever will be, will be. It is a good way of looking at things because to sit here and try to figure out what others want especially if it is confusing because they say one thing and then give you a certain earning that does not seem to match up with what they have said they wanted. I just write it and then submit it if it gets high earnings fine if not then I will just keep sharing to make up.

@ruby3881  I have not read that one yet. I must have missed it or something. But maybe it got high earning because it was about FB and that is a hot topic.  I just had one of mine published that got me the most I have ever had too and I was quite shocked. Although the second part to it did not do as well but I will take it.  I think they do not know exactly what they want and just give out random earnings. 🙂

June 9, 2016 at 10:10 am

@bestwriter I don’t like to discuss the specifics of my earnings, but suffice it to say I’ve gone a good bit beyond 22 cents on a number of my posts. I do believe that part of the reason for the latest one paying so well is the mention of Facebook, as @morgoodie suggested. For the rest, it had a second image that adds value to the post, and the Conservative vs. Liberal feud is also a hot topic right now too.

@morgoodie I have yet to post the second part of my 2-parter. I wonder if it will do as well as the first?

June 9, 2016 at 10:36 am

@ruby3881/

just wanna ask you something, if you don’t mind,

can I add in 2nd photo in my posts after I had chosen the featured image?

Can i adjust the size?

It is pretty darn small to have a mini image in the middle of the post

June 9, 2016 at 11:52 am

@peachpurple Yes, the problem with the inline images is resolved. So you can upload an image of a decent size and it will not be minimized or distorted. So far I’ve only tried with a pic optimized for Pinterest (736 x 1102 px) but I imagine as long as it’s no wider than 750 px you should be able to upload bigger images.

June 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm

@bestwriter I am not aware as I haven’t posted any for last 10-12 days as I was out of town or too busy on forum posts which do not require longer writing. I think I will post tomorrow  if all goes well.