Author Posts

May 13, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Content is king for Google. Google gives high priority to any complaint raised by owners for any kind of copyrighted content by other Authors.  I found many of the articles are being copied by members and being posted on to LiteracyBase. I don’t see any rejection of the articles by Admin for such content. As long as the content owners raise the DMCA request against LiteracyBase for copyright content, there is no issue.  At any moment, DMCA complaint is registered with Google, LB existence will be at big risk.  What do you think about this?

How can members help LB to get free from the copyrighted content ? What do you expect from Admin now?

May 13, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I think google only takes action if DMCA comes in. Most typical copy pasting would be ignored. So if that DMCA notice comes in then site have no option that to move to another domain. Because in such case google de-indexes the site completely. So in order to avoid that they have to get rid of some of the spammers. This can be hard considering a lot of them are hard to find unless we check their content. That being said, let’s wait and see what happens with the admins decision and then we can see the further solution.

May 13, 2017 at 10:46 pm

I wish the content owners does not file any DMCA complaints against LB…  Because of few authors action of copying the content, thousands of members in LB has to suffer…

May 13, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Yes I can understand. I think admins need to pay attention and get rid of the copy pasters. And they have to get rid of the users who are stealing images and the content. LB needs to cut the people who are not playing by the rules. Because you know often such rule breaking leads to the site being lost at many things. And for that reason I think we have to understand and make changes. All we can do from our side is just report things. Nothing more can be done than that.

May 14, 2017 at 3:24 am

No.  It is not that X plagiarised items which is why… it is that the false charges of Plag. cause good writers not to write good.

Put it like this; suppose you wanted to discuss a current topic.  You would need to define it, you would quote your sources, and you might even supply quotes which would confirm the validity of your item.

As this site uses a ridiculous Plag. checker which doesn’t differentiate between a quote with attribution and plag.  a writer must, for survival, avoid writing substantiated articles and go to what I had for breakfast, and  meaningless blah blah.

All of which will get this site labelled a content farm quicker than a handful of plag. items.

May 14, 2017 at 11:09 am

With so many articles being submitted and posted and then some were subject for complaint, I don’t know how google can handle this. But with own  checker from LB it should be well enough to guard our articles here and being copied, re-posted and moneyed  by some plagiarists.

But the best thing to do is to guide our own article and when someone copied it, lets make the proper complaint so that person will be reprimanded.

May 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm

As I said before, it is not merely a plag. item, it is an item of value WRONGLY called Plag. because it is of such a high level it contains attribution.

People don’t like to read empty items where there is no proof, where it is vacuous.  That is the problem.

June 3, 2017 at 4:24 am

@analyst157 I can understand why you would prefer there not to be a DMCA takedown. I don’t know much about how Google ranks sites that have had a complaint. If the site removes the content, does it still count against them?

It’s too bad that so many here seem to be struggling. I hope things will improve.