Author Posts

November 10, 2016 at 9:07 am

The Indian government has banned the use of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes overnight, causing a lot of hardship. Is any shop in your area accepting Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, as banks were closed on November 9, 2016.

November 10, 2016 at 10:01 am

Overnight and your bank notes cannot be accepted, that is weird. I don’t know in my country, I see a lot of Indians here doing some lending business but I guess they are not using the Rs but pesos which is the currency in our country.

Anyway, what is the reason why your government banned the used of that notes?

November 10, 2016 at 12:12 pm

The coffee shops and other establishments of routine nature are not accepting the Rs500 and Rs.1000 currency notes. They are being accepted in all Railway stations, Bus Stands,Airports, medical shops, Hospitals and  other important places of emergency services. The people are quite tolerant and could understand the reason why the banks have been closed. They are quite positive to the decision of the Government of Modi and they welcomed it. Today the Banks have been opened and there is a long queue I have noticed. They are taking up transactions and accepting only withdrawals to avoid inconvenience to the people. Tomorrow the ATMs will be opened.

November 20, 2016 at 7:41 am

The notes have been mainly banned to help rich business owners who have not repaid their loans to government banks of  billions of dollars, causing losses