Author Posts

September 21, 2016 at 4:44 am

Today our children are playing with all mechanical and electronic gadgets and widgets. They are now having all toys having the remote facility. They got big cars, Airplanes, Buses and many other to play and enjoy with.

We had no such enjoyment for their non-availability and for many other reasons. But, we were having only wooden cycle, small wooden skater, a small Car which was meant for boys and the girls were playing with varieties of figurines made of wood. Whatever they may be they were all toys made for enjoyment and we accepted and welcomed them. We enjoyed them safely without any complaint.

The toys made in Kondapalli were very famous and were great in demand. Now most of these toys are kept as decorative items of the shelves of a house.

September 21, 2016 at 10:20 am

Don’t av ability to play with wooden toys but i can still say my little experience about children toys……the access kids have today towards toys is huge big to the extend not all they want to play with it only attract them due to the fancy colour those things are made with.cos I av come to a stage where by I brought my kids toys after a day never care to play with it anymore and still look forward to try some else…..I can say am not wasting the money  cos the moment I realize that .I pack some of it to home store…for home safety and why I love buying it for them it cos I never have much toys when I was little than only one plastic doll and it not as fancy as today made…..did you no av stop buy toys because it cause little accident in my living room ,by them abandon some of it where I don’t notice. I always hit my toes. So I prefer taking kids for walk ,gist, play together and still sit together for some reasonable television show..

September 21, 2016 at 11:19 am

Yes. The choices were very less for us. Even for the parents were also not affording for costly toys. We played with whatever we got.

This might be the reason why we buy different toys’

Even then they play as per their choice but not with those we purchased for them.

We purchase many for them but at the same time do not leave them play with their friends. On the contrary say;

“This is a costly one . please stay at home and play here only. Do not take it out. Your friends who are jealousy will break it. After your play handover, it to me and I will keep it in my Almirah’.

Thus the seed of selfishness is being planted in their hearts.

September 21, 2016 at 11:38 am

That why we need to teach kids how to share toys ..it not polite for a kids to play with toys with out friends or sibling …cos playing with it alone will look boring .that is why I keep most of it in store so when ever relatives or my friends come to my place for holidays I always happy cos their children have nothing to worry about when we mothers have women little talks.

September 21, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Why should it be kept in the store?

Toys are meant to be played by children and they should be within their reach. They share it with their friends and feel proud of their father. The enjoy and say very high of their parents. This continues forever. No doubt , there will be some loss as it is bound to break when they take it outside and play with others. Others will handle it roughly but the amount of respect they get towards their parents will be immense. It will make a permanent mark on their minds.

September 21, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Surely I am, I remember to play toy gun made from wood. You know the ratatatat sounds, the sound like an armalite. That was such a memory of my childhod. Then the toy car which is really the best toy we can have during the childhood. We are so happy children then. Running and chasing each other and said ‘bang’ ‘bang’. That is how we play, playing the role of the soldier or a policeman.

September 21, 2016 at 2:30 pm

yeah….playing with a toy gun in those days was for rich people. Similarly playing with a Car was also.Only rich people can afford to these expensive toys. Of course, they are now having some respect of occupying a place in a showcase of our house. But the wooden toys are no more to be seen. The rich people are giving for remote controlled and battery operated ones. The middle and even the poor also are preferring for mechanical, battery and electrically operated ones . Some purchasing them online and some purchasing from  retailers on E.M.Is. Totally the scene for the wooden toys is closed and in the  rich families, they too occupied a good place in a showcase. Whatever may be the position the pleasure and joy each they have given are equal in all respects. It is only the technology that has brought this change. Whether it is a toy made of wood  or mechanically operated one, battery operated one, or remotely operated one , the pleasure children get is the same.