Author Posts

July 30, 2016 at 6:14 pm

In my country, the local people prefer to send text messages than calling. It is just a simple logic in terms of low cost in sending SMS over calling through a mobile phone. That’s the reason why the local people are like text agents literally said. I can still remember my first basic mobile phone. The inbox and outbox messages are full on a daily basis. I guess that’s the youth day and can be seen for the youngsters today. The only difference is the advanced features of the modern gadgets.

July 31, 2016 at 1:20 am

In fact, now people are so much used to WhatsApp, they send and receive and check WhatsApp messages only. They simply ignore simple messages.
But yes, as compared to calls, I prefer SMS.
Yet sometimes, one cannot ignore making phone calls.

July 31, 2016 at 3:20 am

In my case I really prefer to text than to make phone calls because as you have said, sms have lower costs. Another reason is that, I get bored whenever they call me thats why I always end up dropping the call as early as 3 minutes of talking over the phone

July 31, 2016 at 7:16 am

@peeush I agree. There are a lot of ways to communicate with others by using mobile application. It is cheaper because we use the internet nowadays and wifi is really convenient. There are also some applications that you can send regular SMS.

@anjee I agree. I also not into calling lately. Since I am tired talking the whole day about teaching online. I would rather send SMS than spending time speaking through a mobile phone.

July 31, 2016 at 8:45 am

Shavkat  For me I prefer calling more than texting. But yes if sometimes it is not that important then I can leave message instead of calling. Also it depends on situation. Just yesterday I have to message one person for reminder as I have already called him two times in day. But then I have to send message as reminder. 

September 15, 2016 at 2:59 am

I would much rather text. Not because so much of the lower cost, though it does apply, but much rather because I just do not really like to talk person to person. I have always been like this but much more so since I quit nursing. I think because as a previous registered nurse I used to talk to patients, doctors, lab technicians, X Ray technicians etc etc so much that I have feel that I am talked out literally.

September 15, 2016 at 8:20 pm

@naruto100 I do agree on that. It depends on certain situations. If a person cannot reply through SMS right away, then it is better to call him or her. The sad part, they cannot hear the call because it is in silent mode.

@frankie2016 I also had changed in its preference between calling and texting. I would rather send messages. Besides, I am tired of talking since I teach online. The talking per se is too much for me.

September 15, 2016 at 8:54 pm

nope, I don’t call unless the other party doesn’t use whatsapp or any chats online

For example, my parents, they don’t use smartphone, so I call them with home telephone to chat with them.

As for other friends, relatives, I use whatsapp to chat because it is free, as long as you are online, any calls or text messages are free

September 16, 2016 at 10:26 am

@peachpurple I also do prefer sending messages or calling using a mobile app. It is better to use the available resources like the internet. Since it is free to keep in touch with people close to our heart.

September 16, 2016 at 10:30 am

@Shavkat  Yes calling works better for me. But you are right if phone is in silent mode then we have no other choice than messaging. 

September 19, 2016 at 4:57 am

@naruto100 I think the best option. I do agree that the quickest way is to call. It is also cheaper if we use some mobile app such WeChat, Viber and the like to get connected to others with the aid of wifi.

September 19, 2016 at 10:13 am

@ Shavkat  True. Such online calling apps works just fine. As we don’t have to pay for them and yes now calling quality is also better. 

September 20, 2016 at 5:54 am

@naruto100 I had also discovered that we can send regular SMS using an app. In case, the receiver is not connected to wifi.

September 20, 2016 at 10:58 am

@Shavkat  I don’t know about regular SMS. But these days whatsapp and other messaging apps has becomes quite regular. People are not seeing regular messages but they won’t missed this one. Lol.

September 20, 2016 at 1:21 pm

I think its the other way around for me. I prefer to call the other person than text them because i think its more ease to use the phone rather than texting which is longer.