It’s already summer time here in the Philippines and most families are preparing for something they could do to enjoy the summer time.
Well, the usual thing that we can do during summer are the following:
- Mountain Climbing. Here in Baguio, hiking is common because there are many wonderful mountains that hikers can go. It is good to go for a mountain climbing during summer because mountains are free from the landslide, which is usual during the rainy season. Aside from that, we could feel the cool breeze of the fresh air that we can’t experience in the city. We can also do camping.
- Swimming. River, beach resorts, and swimming pool resorts are accommodating for a swimming activity during summer. It is a good outdoor activity for families. It is enjoyable and we can ease the hotness of summer.
- Ice cream hunting. During summer season here in our place, ice cream is everywhere. Even me who is conscious of the food I eat can’t help having a cone of ice cream with my friends. It’s a way of enjoying the season. However, we should ingest ice cream moderately and look for those ice cream that is flavored with fruits and vegetables.
- Road trip. This is also a very good family bonding most especially with families who have their own car.
- Have a picnic at the park. This has always been the number one bonding of my family during summer aside from going to the beach for swimming. My mom cook for foods and we take it out to the park.
Above are the usual thing that Filipinos are doing during the said season. There may be other enjoyable things that we could do aside from those like a garden visit. Some of our relatives who are from the cities usually go home here in our place just to visit our small farm or to do vegetable picking. Other tourists also love the strawberry picking in La Trinidad, Benguet.
Hope you’ve planned well your summer activities.