Author Posts

August 3, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Does anyone know what happened with Chatabout? I have been working on there for a few years now and doing well. Today, I went there and without warning it says due to unforeseen circumstances site is no longer here? Anyone know what is going on or what happened? I was there last night and everything was fine!

August 4, 2016 at 1:24 am

No clue but I just checked and saw the same.  Sounds like they shut down and made off with people’s points with no warning.

August 4, 2016 at 2:52 am

I also got the “404 Not Found” error. This is the first time I experienced server down time from chatabout, as the site was always up and running well. It was Double Point Tuesday yesterday, but we did not get any sections or announcement for the double point, I am not sure if the team is too busy working on something, perhaps updating the site.

Hope the site will be back soon or the team will give us an update too.

August 4, 2016 at 5:10 am

I just checked and got a blank screen. No error messages or anything. Nothing is showing. I have never seen this site down for any reason so it’s surprising they are having issues. They are known to scam site for most people who has had their accounts closed with any explanations to them.

I had a great time with the site before they started changing everything around. When they changed the rate of payout I slowly stopped going to that site. Recently I was going only when I was bored with everything else.

I did have problems with some of the activities not giving points like it should. I’m sure most people will not be missing that site.

August 4, 2016 at 6:34 am

@lola that is exactly what I was thinking and I was about ready for another payout!

@Lee Ka Yes, I have worked on that sight for a year and half and I have never had any problem with it. I hope it gets back up soon or at least we are told what is happening!

@evilelf Yes, I have never had any issues with this site. I have never experienced it down. They also promptly published my articles and all. I always received payments promptly. I hope they come back. I have always had a great time on this site.

August 4, 2016 at 8:05 am

I had also checked it. It doesn’t show anything on the site. It is like a white ghost in the browser. I had also joined on this site a few months back. But I don’t spend a lot of time since the activity is quite in silence. I hope it is only a glitch.

August 4, 2016 at 9:31 am

Oh, how terrible. I really enjoyed the place and got paid every time. I only submitted posts, articles and took part in questions and answers as surveys and other opportunities were ‘not available in my region’ but it was lot of fun.

I think I earned about 35 dollars. What a blow. Another avenue for earning money online bites the dust.

And I have lost the content too. I am not sure if I kept copies of all things I posted there.

I really wonder why site admins disappear like that? No warning, no notice, no apologies. The only guy that I know who remained honest till the end was Will at Persona Paper. Even with extremely slow earnings, everyone respected him and trusted him till the end.

Please, if there are any updates, do let me know here.

August 4, 2016 at 10:51 am

@ Melissa Jarrell  I was never on chatabout. But it’s highly unprofessional to shut down the site without a warning. At least, they should have mailed the members.

August 4, 2016 at 5:25 pm

I was seeing some people say that they have been paid just the other day, and now am reading that it is closed down. really I wouldn’t know what is going on with it, there are so many contradicting statements about this site. that I don’t know what to think or say. I was also a victim of this site where I lost quite some good money but I forgot about it eventually an moved on to another site.

August 4, 2016 at 6:08 pm

sorry guys and gals , I have negative impression over chatabout.

A few months ago, I had tried to register at chatabout 3 times.

The first time I had succeeded, I wrote 1 post, answered a few questions.

The next day when I tried to log in, it said that my email address, username, does not exist!

I was surprised, my account was gone just like that!

I wrote to chatabout but was ignored.

Then I registered again on the 2nd day, I wrote another post and answered questions.

On the next day, I tried to log in and the same message appeared, my email , username does not exist!

So, I asked my FB friends about chatabout, they told me to stay away from this site.

Cannot log in username / email is a common  cheating site.

So, I don’t feel anything about this site that had cheated me off 2 posts!

August 4, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Someone saw this message “Due to unforeseen circumstances, Chatabout is no longer available” on the site, but I did not. I only saw blank page. I do hope the site will be back, though I know many were disappointed by the site as it banned members from accessingg without giving any reason, and the site used to pay much better and was more active. I just joined a few months ago, and have been paid 7 times promptly. I like this site as it is something slightly different from the other sites I join, so when I am bored, I always go there and earn a few points.

Yes, I think it’s really bad if it just closed down like this. Bubblews at least gave a notice on the site though I’d prefer if they gave us prior notice so we can make a backup of our articles. I do not remember if I have a copy of the articles I published there.

I just got my payment last week, so I am thinking they might be just updating their site, hence it’s not available now. Perhaps server issue?

August 5, 2016 at 1:12 am

@Shavat I always had a lot of activity on things I wrote. But, I heard some other say it was quite. The quite site for me is My Kites. I rarely ever get on there due to hardly any activity.

@dawnwriter I know. There was no warning at all. I had a lot of good luck with that site too. It’s a real downer.

@Shaloo Wylia Yes, they were always good to email us of happenings. I do not know why they didn’t on this. Yes it was very unprofessional.

@Anitah Gimase Yes they were always good about paying. I was almost to the point of another payout myself. I needed just a few more points to be able to cashout. What a bummer!

@peachpurple Hmm I don’t know what was up with that. I never had any problems with them. I signed up once and began writing that was it. I always got my pay in a timely manner also.

@LeeKa I also got the message “Due to unforeseen circumstances Chatabout is no longer available”. I am really disappointed about this I just need a few more points to be able to cash out again. I really liked this site and worked it regular. They were really good about prompt payment. Like you I hope they make a come back.

August 7, 2016 at 5:46 am

I got that message as well the day this was posted.  Now I go there and just get a blank white page.  I am glad I only had about 200 points there but it’s awful of them to just shut down without paying out what people had in their accounts.  With them being such a long standing site, you’d think they would handle things professionally.  I’m sure a lot of people are very upset over this!

August 7, 2016 at 6:04 am

@lola exactly. I was close to having enough points for the minimum paypal payout where I could cashout again. Then this happened with no warning. It was very unprofessional not to give any notification. I am just getting the plain white screen now also.