Author Posts

May 28, 2016 at 12:33 pm

The title should read

Yes, it is true I reached payout. Unfortunately I cannot edit the title – sorry guys.

At the dot of 11.36 am this morning I reached payout. Was hoping it would happen on my birthday (May 24)

I joined here on May 6 but started writing seriously from May 8 onwards.  It is only recently that they raised the rating from 5 cents to 15 cents for a 300 worded blog. I did write a few longer posts though.,

I prefer writing short posts filled with good information and flawless when it comes to grammar and spelling, although sometimes typos and punctuations do not get noticed until the post is published.

I enjoy being here but I have a few thoughts for @support who could make our activity here a wee bit more comfortable. I hope to  post a separate note on this.

Thanks for being a part of my journey. 448px-Balloons_in_the_sky

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  bestwriter. Reason: The title needed to be changed but I cannot

May 28, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Good for you.  I have another few days to work towards the first pay out.

I hope I can make it, and we will receive the money at the same time.

May 28, 2016 at 12:50 pm

@bestwriter  I reached there 3-4 days before and I am feeling sorry I cashed out on the same day because I had a plan to go to Shimla for 9 days which was cancelled due to death in family. I think I would have requested for payout on  30th otherwise. Now I am leaving tomorrow for my Shimla trip and my activities will be limited to comments in forums if the site supports writing them from phone.

May 28, 2016 at 1:06 pm

@suny I will wait till the 31st. What was your strategy. Long posts or short ones?  And when did you start here?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  bestwriter.

May 28, 2016 at 1:09 pm

@scheng1  You will do well here as you have been writing long posts and that’s what this site wants. I just cannot do that.

May 28, 2016 at 1:13 pm

@bestwriter  I almost joined on the same day (with you) and most of my posts were 300-600 words barring few over 1000 but now I will have to stop for 9 days (my Shimla trip). I have 60+ posts already in LB besides 800 visitors and 200 comments.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  suny.

May 28, 2016 at 1:31 pm

@suny  You are an asset here. I have written 75 posts so far. It is only from May 17 that they started paying 15 cents for the 300 words.  May be in the next month if I am as consitent as I am at the moment reaching should be a bit easier.

We will get our payment on the 10th of the following month.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  bestwriter.

May 28, 2016 at 1:49 pm

@bestwriter Congratulations, Grace! And to you too @sunil!

I am still a few dollars short, but I think I will try to get more posts submitted and see if I can make it for the 31st. I have two in the queue right now, and a couple on my hard drive that just need finishing touches.

I am also hoping that if things go well, more of us will be earning regularly here. I am still cautious, but I am feeling optimistic about the future of LiteracyBase 🙂

May 28, 2016 at 3:43 pm

@ruby3881 You will have to submit on the 30th, just in case the posts do not get approved on time.

I think you will have the motivation to write a couple more articles in this case!

It will be very painful to miss cash out by just 20 cents!

May 28, 2016 at 4:06 pm

@bestwriter/

congratulations, are you the 2nd person to have cash out already?

I am sure you are happy and excited.

Although there are pros and cons on this site, I think we can get use to the writing pattern.

It is best  to use msword for checking the spellings and grammarly for the grammars.

You are not the only one who is facing with the edit and delete requirement.

All of us are having some regrets when the post we had written was published.

You should have seen my posts, the sentences over shot the page , crossing the “recent topics” on the right hand side.

Pretty ugly sight

May 28, 2016 at 4:11 pm

@ruby3881/

best of luck to you. I doubt I could reach $10 by the end of this month.

It will be difficult to reach there unless I write 3 -5 posts per day.

Currently, I am writing 2 posts daily and commenting for 20 cents.

I am sure you can do it since you write so well.

Don’t give up yet

@sunil/

sorry to hear about your relative’s passing.

we will miss you too for these 9 days.

However, I am sure we will be enjoying your posts when you return.

75 posts up to now, you have done a great deed to LB.

I am just 20++ posts, I don’t write much, just comment a lot.

Have a safe trip.

May 28, 2016 at 4:25 pm

@peachpurple what about your old posts?

You might as well edit a few of them, and publish here.  It is a waste to let the old posts just sit in your computer.

May 28, 2016 at 4:53 pm

@Ruby3881 I am 100% sure you will reach there within stipulated time, all the best  

@peachpurple I wish you make it to the firs’t list of paid members. I am sure you can do it with little bit of efforts. By the way I have only 60+ posts and I am going to Shimla as per my program which is a hill station and close to my ancestral town.

@scheng1 Your ideas is not bad but I will not do so for the time being. 

May 28, 2016 at 5:12 pm

@peachpurple – I am used to getting money on writing sites you see (laugh).

It is very  embarrassing when spelling and grammatical errors are there in our posts. I am very particular about it but they evade us and are only seen when the post is published (sad)

May 28, 2016 at 5:39 pm

@bestwriter/

don’t fret. It is the norm here.

Maybe one day @admin will include the edit button and we will all be happy again.

As I said, I type in MSword to check the word count and spelling errors.

Evernote do not provide those functions.

Problem is, when I copy and paste my draft to here, it over shoots the page.

Trying to figure out how to adjust the page frame

@scheng1/

are you referring to my hubpages articles or bubblews articles? I had published some of bubblews old articles here, modified and removed from google search already.