Author Posts

May 6, 2016 at 9:10 am

So far, I have only been seeing the rank “Newbie” for everyone, and have not seen other ranking yet.

I am curious to know what other rankings are and when we will “level up”. It seems fun to have the ranking and might motivate us to level up, just like when we are playing game.

I also wonder if the ranking affects our earnings. Will our quality of contents being counted to level up?

It’s just interesting to find something different in this site, ranking, voting and rating too.

May 6, 2016 at 11:10 am

me too, I don’t see any other ranks beside (Newbie).

But I have notice some people getting some points like you did.

Mine is very low.

I guess the points equals the quality of your comments.

May 6, 2016 at 11:35 am

@peachpurple I think the score comes from people voting up the comments you write. I don’t know if it affects our rate of pay or anything, but I’ve noticed that in my points history some of my comments or reply are earning more than others. I wonder if this is because some were voted up?

My score is still low too. Give it time! You’re very active in the forums and commenting on posts. You will see your score increase quickly, I suspect 🙂

May 6, 2016 at 11:38 am

I must confess that I was surprised to see that the Support person who was posting about how to get started on the site is still ranked Newbie! It made me wonder if maybe the ranking system is new…

I also wonder whether there is any impact on our rate of pay – or maybe privileges – if we go up in ranking. And of course what the other ranks are, and how to earn them 🙂

May 6, 2016 at 12:03 pm

I think Kyla is right, maybe we get more if our answers are meaningful and voted up. Hope though that the voting system is not misused. I am sure we will all earn a good amount once we get the hang of it.

May 6, 2016 at 12:11 pm

@peachpurple I think the points is (the number of thumbups – number of thumbdowns) we have got,  as I notice my point was increased by one once Kyla voted me this morning.

@Kyla As for the point history, I am not sure if it depends on the voting, but I think it depends on the length of our reply. The more words we have in the comment, the better earnings we’ll get. This is what I noticed, but I am not sure how quality is being calculated here.

I was surprise to see Support is still a newbie too. I am thinking it is either the site is still very new, or these rating and ranking system are new. 🙂

@krishnaa Yes, I agree with you. We are still here to explore and discover new things, and share with each other. I like how we help each other here. I am sure we will understand better when we stay here longer.

May 6, 2016 at 12:13 pm

@ruby3881

yes I guess you are right.

I noticed that some new forum replies, I do get 0.002 cents or 0.005 cents.

But I do not know which forum because it doesn’t state .

Yes, maybe the votes did helped to get my cents pushed up.

Thanks for your compliments

May 6, 2016 at 1:04 pm

@peachpurple From my observation, the earning does not depend on which forum we post, but the length of reply we made. The more words we write in a comment, the better earning we will get.

You can test it out by counting the words in the comment you post. You can earn up to $0.02 if you write about 200 words in a comment.

May 6, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I assumed that our rank depends on seniority, who are the old members. I saw Support and it says it is a Newbie. I know this site started last year from reviews in the Internet, for sure there will be old members or regular members before. Maybe they are not active anymore.

May 6, 2016 at 2:12 pm

@kaka135

good idea! Then I have to write at least 200 words in each comment, lengthy ones since it is preferred by this site.

Then, I could figure out which one gives me 0.005 or 0.002 cents.

The more the merrier, isn’t it?

May 6, 2016 at 2:16 pm

And @leeka was right, that your respond will determine how much $$ will you get from commenting ^_^

But so far i saw this calculations system only applied for Forum Reply, it didn’t applied for the status or commenting status update. – well, i still need more research on this 😛

And about Rank, i think it won’t effect our earning directly, as far i know Rank usually used as popularity indicator on mostly forum platform. Simply like the higher your rank the more “cool” you are :P. While the points will give impact when you voted somebody, the higher your points the bigger impact for those person – so people tend to gain more voted up from people with higher points.

But, this all only my theory based on my experience as moderator of forum.

May 6, 2016 at 5:14 pm

@grecy095 I read that the site was founded in 2014. By reading the previous blog posts, some were from Feb 2015, then stopped for a long time, until 26 April 2016. I am not sure if the site was active for some time, then stopped functioning for a year until recently. Hope the site will start to be active and running good.

@peachpurple Yes, I think this is better for us, and also better for the site too. I guess that’s why we are encouraged to do that, since we are paying more for lengthy comments.

@haraka Yes, that’s what I noticed too. I have observed that the comment we posted in the home page of the group (Group – Home) is only $0.001 regardless the length of the comment. So, this algorithm might only applies to the forum replies.
Thanks for sharing your experience as moderator, I think the same concept might apply among all forums, unless something very special for this site.

May 8, 2016 at 12:41 pm

If you post with quality and you have helped someone with that information, no doubt you will be given a voted up and that builds up your reputation for sure.

I learned based on the reviews on the net that the site started just last year. I wonder why some started 2014, and I read it from somewhere too that it started 2014. However, only Support and Admin could able to clarify that one.

May 8, 2016 at 12:54 pm

@grecy095 I actually read from the about us page, stating the LiteracyBase was founded in 2014 by two IT professionals. I also think these two IT professionals are also working on database, as there were groups about MSSQL and Oracle (database system).

It would be good if @admin can let us know more about the history of this site, as there were only some blog posts back in 2015, but not any until lately. It’s always interesting to know the story of the site, and the men/women behind it! 🙂

May 8, 2016 at 1:06 pm

@kaka135 I would love too. That is why I am always on the review about the site and good to know that they put something about it at The About Us tab. I always visit the FAQs, Terms and Rules on the site once I registered. I also visited About Us tab but not focus on when the site was founded. I already know it was 2014, then other reviews said it was just last year. Let’s wait for them. It is good if it will come for them too.