Author Posts

May 9, 2017 at 1:47 pm

I am wondering what is the purpose of having friends here at Literacybase.com?

Does it mean they can follow whatever blog/comment you post here? Can we find our friends’ posts easily? I think there should be a mechanism wherein we can easily find the list of our friends’ posts.

What do you think?

May 9, 2017 at 4:25 pm

I think LB being WordPress based site with the forum functionality of BBPress. You can find those features and the options from that plugin. When that plugin is used, it adds features of social network. So you get message box, friends and status options. They can follow you through feed but that feed seems to be not implemented on any page here. These options turn any site into the site that has the option of social media. So it does not add much value to the website but it can be a good option nonetheless.

May 9, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I would like to see Literacy Base notify us for comments, not everyone tags our names so we won’t be able to see them. And the comments take long to load, comment. :/

May 10, 2017 at 1:57 am

Thanks @mahesh and @ Michelle for your replies. At least it has a purpose, although I wish there could be a feature where we can see if our friends posted some blogs. Then we can follow them and make some comments too.

May 10, 2017 at 4:28 am

Yeah it would be nicer if the interface was easier to navigate. 🙂

May 10, 2017 at 8:18 am

Yes I like to see friends who comment on my post and then I can see there post some times reading other post give ideas for a topic.

May 10, 2017 at 8:30 am

Its an interesting question..  At LB, Anyone can see others activity just by clicking on other member’s name.

acelawrites

@acelawrites, To see the blogs posted by anyone, follow these steps

1. click on the members profile,

2. And select the activity tab

3. Select posts from the drop down Menu

It will show the recent blogs posted by the respective member.

May 10, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Thanks, @Kumar for your reply. Now I know how to find my friend’s posts.

May 12, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I think a lot of those features may slow the site down. Because it runs as a plugin in WordPress. So more such features as expected above may slow the site down. And this may even in turn affect the site. So I don’t think it’s worth having such features. If these features were to be adding any revenue, I won’t mind. But at this point of time, it serves no purpose. And it can be really bad in such case for sure as well.

May 13, 2017 at 1:32 am

Thanks, @mahesh, if that feature about friends will slow down the site, and if we will not earn from it, it is better not to have it at all.

May 29, 2017 at 2:07 pm

@acelawrites,

I have lots of friends here indeed already. But I find it hard to search for them amongst my long list of friends.

I also want to see their posts and comment accordingly, should I have something to add.

Though, I have discovered that when we click at one’s username we can see their posts.

But what if we forget their correct username? It will be hard.

May 30, 2017 at 2:34 am

Yes, Dina, it is hard to find friends’ posts. The owner/admin should device a feature for that. It should be user-friendly.

March 22, 2018 at 11:58 pm

This is a good question. It is good to have friwmds at LB because we all need each other for support. About getting to see your friemds here and interacting with them, i tried searching once and i had such a hard time then. But i guess things have changed a bit. I will definitely try it out again.

March 29, 2018 at 9:57 am

I think the purpose of having friends at Literacy Base is to know everyone you are interacting since it is worldwide. It’s good to have friends wherever you are.