Author Posts

May 24, 2016 at 12:17 am

If anyone thinks 1700 words is hard, think about a 300o page novel!

May 24, 2016 at 2:15 am

@lookat Great point! Of course, one would hope for a better return on their novel than we see on our posts 😉

May 24, 2016 at 1:36 pm

@lookat Nobody will publish a 300 pages novel for 35 cents!

Writing itself is not hard.  Writing for money to put food on the table is hard, because after the publication of a book, the writer has to find ways to sell more books.

May 24, 2016 at 2:27 pm

@scheng1/

you got a point there….

300 words for 15 cents, better than 500 words for 22 cents….

300 words for 2 posts, makes 30 cents, worth the effort.

Got it, Thanks !

I am not good at maths

May 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm

@peachpurple plus you have 2 blogs to promote, and you can get more visitors this way.

While longer posts are better for seo, that is also provided that we are writing with good seo techniques.

May 24, 2016 at 5:50 pm

@thinker I would add that writing opinion pieces, or even advice that stems from opinion rather than research, is ill-advised from an SEO point of view. And yet I see dozens and dozens of such pieces on every writing site!

@morgoodie I think it’s safe to say that any time you get more than three people doing the same activity together, the “bare minimum” pattern will begin to emerge. It’s natural for people to want to get the best reward for the least possible effort, but this is am instinct we need to temper with the knowledge that some work is just not a sprint. If you saw Danielle McGaw’s post the other day about web writing being a marathon, that’s a very apt comparison. We need to keep that in mind when we make choices about how much to invest in a given site.

@scheng1 I wrote under Kyla Matton at AC. I was a featured contributor in education, and in health & wellness. I am still in touch with a large number of former AC contributors who have bypassed the social writing sphere, as well as with the few who became part of the Bubblews and related communities 🙂

May 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm

@ruby3881  I do not keep in touch with many writers there.

Vincent Summers was in AC, and now I see him in Mylot.  I think he was with Bubblews for a while too.

My dear old friend, Jane Vee (Mommaj), was my long-time friend from old Mylot, AC and now I still see her in the new Mylot.

I saw Crystal Ray in Bubblews for a while too.  She was the top contributor in AC in term of page views.  I really admire her for writing all the How-to articles.

May 24, 2016 at 6:28 pm

@scheng1 Vincent makes the rounds of the writing web sites. I think Helium is one of his main sites. Crystal is still around, but I believe she’s writing under a different name now.

There are a small handful of former AC writers here. Abby Greenhill and Coral Levang come to mind, though there are probably others.

May 24, 2016 at 6:52 pm

@ruby3881 both Abby Greenhill and Coral Levang are in Mylot.

I often see them there.

May 24, 2016 at 9:23 pm

@ruby3881 – there is no exception to a well managed research EVER.

However in some cases, opinions make sense and work. There are certain problems which are solved by unbelievable solutions resulting from neither science NOR logic but by mere coincidence. For example, in some Asian countries, it is believed that all backaches disappear if you are kicked by someone who is reverse born. You will wonder why – what – how ? But the solution worked in 99% cases and this is what villagers prefer over traditional medicines, particularly in South Asia.

Apparently it seems that not everything can be explained by plain and simple logic.

As far as SEO is concerned, it is a complex topic. It values originality, length, appropriateness, keyword density and out of box approach among other considerations. I am NOT SEO Expert – If you are, you can guide how to go about it.

May 24, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Hi support (admin),

I would like to know whether “Coins for referring a visitor” in “my history” page includes traffic/visitors from ‘search engines’ too. Please reply. Thank you.

May 25, 2016 at 2:08 am

@scheng1 Yes, I think I was actually confusing MyLot with LB in the case of Abby. As for Coral, I don’t think she’s been active here but I believe she did join.

May 25, 2016 at 4:02 am

@ruby3881/

yes, I didn’t see coral commenting ever since she joined in. Maybe she needed some time to get use to this site.

A lot of people still have the negative thoughts about here and then, they need our encouragement and a push to make them try again.

Let us see and wait…

May 25, 2016 at 4:33 am

@peachpurple Coral is dealing with a lot of personal things at the moment. I’m not sure if she’s active anywhere else, but she’s reconnecting with some people on FB after being absent for over a year….