Author Posts

June 26, 2016 at 9:36 am

I had just submitted a new post online.

However, I saw this message pop up onto the screen:

“500 Internal Server Error” with an alligator smiling at me!

What does that meant?

I went to my Dashboard quickly.

Yup, my submitted post is there with “Awaiting for Approval” in red markings

Does it mean that it was just a prompt glitch or my post may had disappeared already?

Did anyone experienced this message when you submitted a new post?

I had already notified admin and support about this matter.

Hopefully it is just a glitch and my post had reached them.

June 27, 2016 at 5:05 pm

That is absolutely a glitch. 500 internal server error is very obvious that the Internet connection of yours is in trouble, particularly the server host which couldn’t properly display the page. It could be attributable to the speed of your connection. It could also be due to the server of LiteracyBase itself.

If you are used to writing online, you may be also used to various server glitches which naturally affect the server to efficiently deliver the loading of the site. Anyway, the other server errors that we may be encountered every now and then. Aside from 500 Internal Server Error, they are as follows:

501 Not Implemented
502 Bad Gateway
503 Service Unavailable
504 Gateway Timeout
505 HTTP Version Not Supported
506 Variant Also Negotiates (RFC 2295)
507 Insufficient Storage (WebDAV; RFC 4918)
508 Loop Detected (WebDAV; RFC 5842)
510 Not Extended (RFC 2774)
511 Network Authentication Required (RFC 6585)

They are too difficult to understand. Only experienced computer encoder or the so-called programmer could understand those errors. Any way for us, they are only for information.

June 27, 2016 at 6:11 pm

@peachpurple, I also encountered like that error 500 then blah blah….Why is that so? Is this site going to hide or vanish like BMN?

June 27, 2016 at 6:19 pm

I haven’t encountered that problem here on LB. I’m glad your post submitted safely!

June 27, 2016 at 6:26 pm

@peachpurple I get it when my old and faithfuls airtel and reliance give me the slip  (lol)

June 27, 2016 at 6:27 pm

@nakitakona13  That is indeed helpful.  Thanks.

June 27, 2016 at 6:29 pm

@ruby3881  Your ISP  must be consistent.

June 27, 2016 at 7:03 pm

@bestwriter, it is a pleasure of providing such pieces of information whom I have already encountered in my course of Internet online writing. They are very common as far as the server is concerned.

June 28, 2016 at 3:21 am

@bestwriter Yes, we have good service now. We are using fiber optic, and it has vastly improved things. No more slow internet, no more interruptions.

June 28, 2016 at 4:34 am

@ruby3881 We shall soon be in the 4G atmosphere whatever that means and so hope to get a better connection.

June 28, 2016 at 5:01 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/lovern/

I think it is the internet line.

I had encountered this 500 stuff message when the line is slow like a snail.

Maybe I should submit post early in the morning like 6am!

Nope, LB is not shutting down like BMN, must be the line problem.

http://172.104.9.193/members/ruby3881/

thanks very much dear!

Yup it was published today.

So obviously my post is there not gone.

Must be the internet line problem

June 28, 2016 at 10:42 am

@ peachpurple  I have also received this error a couple of times but when I refresh the page, the site uploads again.

June 28, 2016 at 12:59 pm

@peachpurple I’m glad to hear your post remained safe! Too many people lose posts when an error occurs during or after submission. This is just another good reason to save our posts offline.

@bestwriter I’m not up on all the technological lingo either, Grace. But I do believe the main benefit of 4G technology is faster speed. I don’t use my mobile for data transfer, so I don’t keep up with this aspect of the tech.