Author Posts

July 8, 2016 at 8:45 am

Good Men

As what our national language says, “Ang Masamang Damo Matagal Mamatay” (Stubborn grass is hard to eliminate.). But good and righteous people are prematurely dying. In which in fact, they shouldn’t be for they could spread more of their good deeds to unrighteous people to follow their good examples. The scenarios prove so futile.

Most of the people have a strong sympathy to the family of those fallen men of valor, honor and with exemplary things done. Their early death has signaled that God has loved them. God has claimed them early. But such God’s will is hard to be understood by us. It is not within our capacity to interpret God’s wisdom. Ours is simply to believe, to have faith in Him unconditionally.

On the other hand, there is a similar quotation along this line. It says when the good man fails to do good, the devil triumphs. Those men of righteousness couldn’t do away with the devilish activities of those unrighteous people. Therefore, let’s inculcate this: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

July 8, 2016 at 9:56 am

In most cases, good men were always the subject to downfall because of the bad elements surrounding them. However, the triumph as a good man will always prevail at the end. There are so many people fall into this kind of situation. Regardless. good is more powerful than evil.

July 8, 2016 at 9:57 am

Once my friend quoted, “It’s not good to be too good”. I feel it’s true. As @nakitakona13 told – Those who have good hearts are most prompt to hurt in broken relationships, as it’s not easy for them to move on. They are cheated most also

July 8, 2016 at 5:46 pm

@sandiyarani, you are correct. Those persons with good intentions in their heart are likely to be persecuted insulted. They are actually misunderstood or to put it plainly they are subject for scorn because of jealousy. Anyway, they don’t need to worry much for they will the blessings which the Lord has promised them as it is written in the Bible and I quote – “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I would like to relate here about my frustration for being good which has put me down, and abused of my unconditional friendship. I have a best friend who was in trouble. I came to him to give him the best token of friendship that is to keep him company.  I alway frequented his place. Others look at us as brothers. We eat together, play, and even sleep. Thus we earn the title as the “inseparable duo”.

There was one instance that I hadn’t provided him of his urgent need. Everything had turned out to be crumbling and I became the worse person to him. I had learned a lesson. I left him.

July 8, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I completely agree with the statement that the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.  This is seen every single day in this world and to me it is sad.   A good example would be a married man.  A married man could be a good man until he is surrounded by not so good men who encourages him to cheat on his wife.  He may or may not do it.  It really depends.  He may want to become part of the group and not feel left out so it may just go ahead and do it, this is when evil triumphs.  Another situation would be some of these children in these schools.  Some of them do evil things because they want to be part of a group.  It may be bullying or anything that is detrimental.  The question is why is it so important that some find it to be a good thing when it comes to being accepted by a certain group of people?  What ever happened to individualism?  Me myself am not a follower especially when it comes to evil things.  I would rather not deal with it at all.  If I see or hear anything that is not right I try my best to distance myself as much as possible even if it is at work.  The best way that I view things is not to do anything evil to anyone because I would not want someone/anyone to do it to me.

July 10, 2016 at 9:06 am

@pywilliams1967, very well said. It is a bit comprehensive presentation of your idea supported with some examples. For your information, everyone has the privilege to do what is right and what is wrong. He is entitled and respected to whatever he wants to do, but he is not exempted or excused for the consequence of his doing. If he does it in a wrong, he suffers the effect of it. If he does it right, he enjoys the blessing or the happiness of doing good.

I haven’t known you yet, except here in LB. Anyway, the way you share your idea is an obvious and indirect declaration of what kind of a person you are. I admire your personal disposition to do what is good, to do what is right. You are a strong advocate of the Golden Rule. That is good. Keep it up and you reap what you have sown.