Bored with the regular scrambled eggs?
Are you or your kids having problems with constipation?
Here is one recipe that kills two birds with one stone which I am sure you will it helpful to solve your problem.
My kids are having constipation due to the hot weather. They aren’t drinking enough fluids and not a fan of fruits which had induced constipation problems for the past week.
Hence, I was seraching online for some home remedy solutions and found out that Chinese chives are beneficial to cure constipation for both adults and kids.
It is known that chives are difficult to digest in your digestive system. Hence, the unbroken chives will bind with the waste and slippery chives would pull out the waste into the Transverse colon easily.
Since I wanted to be sure that this home remedy work out as a miracle as it was claimed, I tested it myself by adding chopped chives into scrambled egg and had it with dinner last 2 days ago.
Indeed today morning, I had a stomachache, wasn’t severe, could feel the bowel movements were contracting and within minutes, the waste in the toilet bowl were binded with chives that I ate!
Although it might sound gross but that is the evidence of chives is a perfect home remedy for constipation.
All you need is buy a packet of chives in the vegetable department. It is usually sold in a bunch or packet of fresh chives with dirts. Hence, you need to cut the chives into halves, soak them in a basin of water in order to remove the dirts. However becareful of the flies. These pesky insects love the foul odor smelling of chives.
A bunch of chives may look a lot but when you cut them or chop them, you will only get a cup of chives, not much I must say.
Omelette is perfect for any add ons. Chives and shrimps make a wonderful combination that your kids would be able to love this delicious recipe for years!
Omelette with Chinese Chives and Shrimps Recipe
- Ahandful blades of chives-washed and chopped
- Ahandful of shrimps- washed, shells, heads and tails removed
- 3 eggs ( Grade A)
- 1 shallot-peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method to prepare:
- Season shrimps with a little salt, set aside
- Beat 3 eggs together in a bowl, season with a little salt and pepper, toss in the chopped shallot, beat well.
- Bring a frying pan to heat, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute shrimp until pinkish.
- Pour in the egg mixture in a circular motion around the pan.
- Shake the pan to ensure that the egg mixture covers the whole pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives all over the egg top.
- Allow to heat up the eggs until brownish at the bottom by lifting up one side of the edge of the eggs.
- Then flip over quickly and allow to cook until brownish again.
- Use the spatule to cut the omelette into 4 sides.
- Turn off heat.
- Place omelette into a flat plate.
- Serve hot with your favorite chilli sauce or dipping sauce.
Written by peachpurple
Photo taken by peachpurple
Article checked by plagium
More eggs related recipes here: