Author Posts

May 16, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Here’s a very short story to make us realize how precious mothers are:

One rainy day, 8 year old Saba goes to school by bus but forgets her lunch-box on the breakfast table. Her mother, Mrs. Qamar sees the blue and red box on the table. She doesn’t want her daughter to go hungry so she decides to drop the lunch box at her school .

Since she is already late for her work, she decides to skip breakfast , gets in her car and drives away. After dropping the lunch box at Saba’s school, she reaches her office , only to find her own elderly mother standing outside the building in the heavy downpour, with a lunch-box containing breakfast for her.

I am one of those incredibly lucky people who have a mother like Mrs. Qamar’s mom. It does not matter how old I am, my mother still cares for me and feels my problems much more than I do.

So here’s my salute to my mom. May she live a long, healthy and happy life. Ameen

How many of you can relate to this story?

May 26, 2016 at 9:32 am

@dawnwriter/

a beautiful and touching story indeed.

A mom who is worried over her daughter’s meal, is being worried by her own elderly mom.

To bad, my mom isn’t reacting that way.

When I was schooling, primary and secondary school, my mom just slept in bed and told me to prepare my own breakfast.

Hence, I had never had experience any motherly meal preparation in all my life.

I told myself that no matter how tired I am, I would wake up, prepare breakfast my my daughter and son before they head for school.

I would never let my kids to go empty stomach which I did when I was young.

May 26, 2016 at 11:27 am

Helping other is no joke. I have realized this situation what had my wife did one day to our neighbor. We had a poor neighbor who was a good carpenter. He just went to do a contractual carpentry work without eating his breakfast. He went during lunch time. He brought some foods to his family just enough for their lunch. Before he went back to his work, he approached my wife to borrow a can of rice enough for their dinner. He promised to replace it when he’s home after his work and when he was paid by his employer. My wife lent him the only supply of rice we had for the dinner for she was assured for the replacement

He arrived home late in the evening. He only brought some foods and rice enough for his family. He got no money. He went to our house and told my wife about it. My wife was sorry about it for our two kids didn’t have the rice to cook for our supper. We had some viands but no boiled rice to eat. My wife boiled the ten pieces of half-ripe Sab-a, a variety of banana for our dinner.

When I went home she told me everything. She thought I would get angry. I tapped her right shoulder and said, “You have done to the least of our neighbors, you’ve done it to Christ too.”

May 26, 2016 at 1:11 pm

@Dawnwriter  This is a beautiful and touching story. Mothers are like that! I am glad to have a very loving and supportive mother who is always by my side and always supports my decisions.

May 29, 2016 at 7:34 pm

The story is very touching one and it left a tear on my eyes. It reminds me of my mother, she will get to my workplace or school just to drop by my food if I forgot it. I always forgot about it before because I was always rushing going to school and work.  I would love to share some short stories too but it will happen next week.

June 8, 2016 at 1:53 pm

What a nice story, but sad to say, I never felt love of a mother. My mother passed away when I was four years old. I remembered somehow how she carried me tenderly and how she kissed me with love and tenderness. I am so jealous with others with their mum and hate those who do not love their instead showed cruelty.I missed my mum and her tender love.