Author Posts

May 10, 2016 at 2:24 am

I am currently sharing my posts on Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. I started to share some in StumbleUpon, but lately I couldn’t access the site.

I am willing to explore more social media sites, but I have no idea if all these sites allow to share posts with our referral links included.

Can you please share what social media sites you are using? Thanks. 🙂

May 10, 2016 at 3:01 am

I use Facebook, Pinterest, Stumbleupon, Twitter, and Google+.  I am not sure that they have been very helpful, but I am sure that it is going to take some time to get your following built up and are able to notice the difference. Facebook has been the best one so far for me since all my friends and family are on there. I am just getting into using Twitter. I have a nice following on Pinterest, but it is going to take some time to get it noticed on there, but it is free advertisement so I will keep on doing it. I hope you are getting some results from what you have been using. Google does not really do anything for me since I do not have anyone on there that I am in contact with.

May 10, 2016 at 3:13 am

I choose different site based on the content.

I prefer to share my post or others post on the niche sharing site because each of them have their own specialty.

My favorite are:

1. Pinterest: If the content about art, craft, or daily life experience. But, for pinterest i also consider the image that used on that post/blog because pinterest will highlight the image not the title of the post.

2. StumbleUpon: I used it mostly for content that share about DIY and Tips. Because it will shown the complete page of that post so this kind of post will attract others to visit that page.

3. LinkedIn: This one only for heavy topics because the LinkedIn  member are professional so they will attract to post that discuss about things like how to improve the some skill or new update on some industry.

I’m not a fan of twitter or facebook though, because it’s too general and i didnt get much visitor from it.

May 10, 2016 at 3:33 am

@morgoodie Finally, I can access StumbleUpon. I cleared my cache.
I am actually not sure from which sites I get some traffics to my posts, I did get some referring visitors after I shared in those sites. I just started to use the link shortener. I am using goo.gl, it does tell me how many clicks and from which browsers and countries, but it doesn’t tell me which site I generate the traffic from. I am thinking if bit.ly does tell more information, as I have seen this feature shown in their website. I might check it out later.

I have heard that once you shared your posts in Google+, it might get ranked better in Google search engine. I am not too sure about it, but I just shared mine there, though I do not have many followers there too. I guess it takes time to build the network, and we will get good results if we do this consistently.

I just signed up tumblr. I like the web design, and hope I’ll enjoy blogging and sharing there as well.

@haraka Thank you for sharing your experience. Besides crafting, I found many pins about blogging, parenting and recipes in Pinterest too. Perhaps those are what I pin always. I haven’t share any in LinkedIn, as I think it’s too professional to me. 😀

May 10, 2016 at 3:51 am

@kaka135

Yes! Pinterest is the good choice for recipe. I’m not a great cook but pinterest is one of my fav site to look for a new recipe idea 🙂

Tumblr is a good site. I used to active in there and i recommend you to try it.

May 10, 2016 at 7:04 am

I have not signed up with tumblr yet but I may do that one day. I shared your latest blog post @LeeKa on Pinterest, Google+, and Twitter so hopefully you will get some visits to it. I just submitted my first post and I am curious to see what I get out of it. I think maybe that has broken the ice for me here and I will be able to do more. I cannot wait to see how it does when I share it. I would love to get some referrals to here.

I wrote it in WordPad and  then pasted it in the Word Counter site to see if it was long enough. What a great site. Then I just pasted it into the blog post here. More work than at the other place but that is okay for now. I wish we could choose our layout and everything, I think that makes it more fun.

May 10, 2016 at 8:18 am

I use almost all of them.

Everytime my posts are published online, be it at Blogjob, Mykites , Hubapages or Literacybase I would send the post URL to these social media sites:

Facebook – I have 2 accounts- public and private for my close friends

Twitter- I have 2 accounts – same public and private

Google +

Pinterest

Tumblr

Linkedin

Stumbleupon

DIGG

Delicious

TSU

BING

Search Console

Pocket

Ironically, I don’t find Facebook and Twitter helpful at all.

I don’t get any external traffic from these sites.

Instead Stumbleupon and Linkedin had done grand job by sending over my followers to my posts.

Hence, my earning increased bit by bit, not much but I am thankful.

May 10, 2016 at 12:37 pm

@haraka Thanks for recommending Tumblr. I haven’t really start looking into it yet, but now I gain more confidence of trying it out from you. 🙂

@morgoodie Another reason I signed up with tumblr is that it’s a microblogging platform that we can just share things easily or write a short-form blog. I always like to write in blogs, but sometimes it requires too much time to write a long post. Perhaps tumblr is a good place for me just to write a short status, like how I do in LB.

I am not sure if I will get referrals from these social media sites, I am not good at getting referrals. 😀
Good luck in your sharing, and thanks for sharing my post too.
If you have Microsoft Word, you can also write your post there and the word count will just displayed automatically at the bottom left corner. Google Doc has the similar function too.

I think the team will update the site slowly, and hope we will enjoy more functionalities later.

@peachpurple Thank you for sharing such a good list. So, all these social media sites accept posts with referral links, am I right? I will try to explore them. I almost forgot about delicious, and I don’t know about Bing and Search Console. It’s good to know about Bing. 😀

How long have you been working with your public Facebook & Twitter accounts, as you said you didn’t get much external traffic from them? I have heard these two sites seem to be quite good in bringing visitors.

May 10, 2016 at 3:05 pm

@kaka135

I think you gonna love Tumblr.

It has micro-blogging and blog so you can combine both to interact with others.

I’m not really remember about the search system.
If i’m not mistaken we can use their search system to gain some exposure of our post by adding the key words.
But it’s been so long since i use tumblr 😀

May 10, 2016 at 3:32 pm

@Lee Ka what stopped you from sharing your work at stumbleupon? In my views that is one of the best and it sounds so  great when you get a mail in your inbox that your posts are being stubledupon. The option is her in this site at share button. I hope you will take full advantage!

May 10, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Yesterday I shared on the Facebook, Twitter and a few forums, don’t see the benefits…

May 10, 2016 at 4:39 pm

I share my posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus. I have found that Google Plus is the best in terms of drawing traffic to your blogs. Sharing on Facebook also helps. I am not sure about the other two as I don’t get much traffic from them.

May 10, 2016 at 7:43 pm

@LeeKa  Tumblr sounds like a great site. I have started to like microblogging because I do not have to have a long drawn out post. I am going to have to check this out. I do not have Microsoft Word on my laptop, so it only takes a couple of extra seconds to copy and paste it the way I have done.

@peachpurple  Some of the sites you use, I have not heard of before. I may have to check out some of them. Of course, it does not help to spread the word on them if I do not have any friends on there. I am just now trying to get my following on Twitter up and most of my followers are people I have met at Blogjob but they are nice to enough to retweet my posts.

May 11, 2016 at 3:15 am

@haraka I already started to love Tumblr! It looks so cute and fun. 😀

@sunil I still share my posts at StumbleUpon, but I just do not get really understand how it works yet. I just add page, and add it to list, and stumble some pages. I wonder if someone would stumbleuponed my page, since I do not have any followers there.

@rapidblue Perhaps it will take some time. 🙂

@swalia Actually how do you know which sites bring you more traffic? Do you have any tool to track that?
I just share in the few sites I am currently working on, but I don’t know which site gives me better traffic.

@morgoodie Yes, I think it looks good. It’s really easy to share and just write anything. My username is the same there, kaka135. Do look for me when you are there.
I like the use the online word count tool as well, so I don’t need to launch another program in my computer.

May 11, 2016 at 11:51 am

@kaka135 Ah.. i know you gonna enjoy the interface. You can spent all day enjoy the cute theme and template 🙂

What is your stumbleupon id?