Author Posts

April 5, 2018 at 4:59 pm

I must say this; that spiritual maturity does not come easily, it takes a lot of transformation of the mind, actions and character. Generally speaking, you don’t notice yourself getting older physically until you see an earlier photo of yourself, then you realize the changes. It’s the same with spiritual growth: it demands a lot of input to get maximum output of positive changes in your life. Sometimes, it is hard to gauge how far you have come until you look back and see where you where before Jesus turned your life around for good.

The Bible says; “As the Spirit…works within us, we become more… Like him.” (2 Corinthians 3:18 TLB).

1. Remember, growing up involves challenges! So we are not discouraged,KJVery challenge reminds us that we are on a spiritual journey to maturity. We make progress in spite of the challenges that come with spiritual growth. The devil may come up with many distractions on your way to spiritual maturity, but don’t listen to the devil; for he is a liar. (John 8:44). Remember, if you get discouraged and give up, the devil will laugh at you. However, the devil is a loser any day.  To really grow in the right direction, we must learn to deal with our feelings and thoughts all the time in line with the word of God.

2. Learn to live beyond your feelings, and don’t allow feelings to dig down inside to where God’s Spirit lives in you. And take heart: It may not always look like it, but each day you’re maturing and growing stronger in Christ. So don’t even think about quitting. The Bible tells us what to do in the face of challenges, feelings and evil thoughts.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:5KJV)

3. Another way of growing maturely in Christ is our speaking! Everyone starts as a spiritual infant, then you become a spiritual child, then you become a spiritual adolescent, and eventually you become a spiritual adult in the process of time. It’s not a  quick-fix to impress others with a false sense of spiritual growth. This attitude will stop you from being honest before God, and makes you think you are further along than you are for your spiritual age. Example, do you remember when you were a child and you dressed up in your mom’s high heels or your dad’s boots? No matter how you wanted to fit into them, you could’nt. That didn’t mean there was something wrong with you, it just meant you were exactly where you should have been for your age.

The Apostle Paul said; “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” (1 Corinthians 13:11)

There is a lot of putting away in the journey to spiritual maturity. Childishness must be put away!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Olive Vine.